6/4/14 – 5:15 A.M.
Findlay is moving forward with a summer road repaving program. City Council held a first reading on an ordinance that would spend $1.3 million to resurface at least 16 streets at their Tuesday meeting. Earlier this year council approved spending $1.85 million of the city’s capital improvement funds on repaving efforts.
Council will have another reading of the ordinance in two weeks.
Roads scheduled for maintenance:
• Fifth Street from Amelia Avenue to Williams Street;
• Amelia Avenue from Fifth Street to Sixth Street;
• Beachmont Drive from Main Street to Fairmont Drive (including the Oakmont Drive cul-de-sac);
• Orchard Lane from Main Street to Lilac Lane (including Lilac Lane from Orchard Lane to the dead end);
• South West Street from Lima Avenue to Baldwin Avenue;
• Locust Street from Main Street to South West Street;
• Defiance Avenue from Main Street to Howard Street;
• Franklin Avenue from Defiance Avenue to Howard Street;
• Cynthia Court from Glenwood Street to the cul-de-sac;
• Brenda Court from Parkside Place to Bernard Avenue;
• Parkside Place from Bernard Avenue to Markle Street;
• Bernard Avenue from Vincent Street to Parkside Place;
• Glessner Avenue from West Sandusky Street to East Main Cross Street;
• Putnam Street from Glessner Avenue to Winthrop Drive;
• Hillcrest Avenue from Northgate Boulevard east;
• Bitterbrush Lane from Fox Fire Lane north.
Alternate routes, if money and time allow, will include Old Mill Road from Windsor Place to the cul-de-sac, Hillcrest Avenue east to Main Street, and Hollybrook Drive from Beecher Street north to Beecher Street south.