Review Category : Entertainment

Nick Cannon to Host “People” Magazine Awards

ABC/Jeff Neira(LOS ANGELES) — The first-ever People Magazine Awards now has a host — Nick Cannon.

People magazine has created an indelible imprint on pop culture and it is truly an honor for me to be asked to host their very first televised live awards ceremony,” Cannon said in a statement. “For the show to be broadcast on NBC makes it even more special for me. Looking forward to an amazing night and hopefully this will launch a new category for People to name me Sexiest Host Alive in 2015.”

Cannon will join previously announced celebrities, including Jennifer Aniston, Kevin Hart, Kate Hudson, Michael Keaton and Jennifer Lopez. Josh Groban, Mindy Kaling and Kate Upton are also slated to appear, among others.

The two-hour awards show, which will broadcast live on NBC from the Beverly Hilton Hotel in California, also will include special performances by 5 Seconds of Summer and Maroon 5. Also, Nora Sandigo is set to receive the Hero of the Year Award.

People readers can join in on the fun and vote for the Best People Magazine Cover of the Year. Readers can also tweet their votes by using the hashtag #PEOPLEMagazineAwards.

The People Magazine Awards kicks off Thursday night at 9 p.m. ET/PT.

Follow @ABCNewsRadio
Copyright 2014 ABC News Radio

facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedinmailby feather Read More →

Lindsay Lohan Releases New Game, “Lindsay Lohan’s The Price of Fame”

ABC News(NEW YORK) — Lindsay Lohan is the latest celebrity to come out with an app.

Lindsay Lohan’s The Price of Fame is a mobile game that allows players to pretend they’re celebrities. They can not only indulge in celebrity culture, but also purchase a wardrobe, toys and pets.

“I love this game and am happy to be part of it. It’s so much fun!” Lohan said in a statement.

The game, which is available in the iTunes app store and on Google Play, bears a striking resemblance to Kim Kardashian’s app, Kim Kardashian: Hollywood, which has the same premise.

Another celebrity who recently released an app is Breaking Bad star Aaron Paul, who released Yo B***h, based on his AMC character Jesse Pinkman’s catchphrase.

Follow @ABCNewsRadio
Copyright 2014 ABC News Radio

facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedinmailby feather Read More →

Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Twins

Randy Holmes/ABC(NEW YORK) — Zoe Saldana gave birth to twins in a Los Angeles hospital last Monday, according to Britain’s Daily Mirror.

They’re the first children for the Guardians of the Galaxy star, 36, and her husband, 35-year-old artist Marco Perego.

E! News confirms the birth of the twins.

The gender of the babies has not yet been revealed, but a source tells the British tabloid, “Zoe and Marco are delighted, Zoe has been ready to drop for some time and they are both ecstatic to be meeting the twins.”

“This a dream come true for both of them, they are absolutely delighted,” the source continues. “They have been looking forward to this day for the last nine months.”

“Both want a big family so this is the start,” adds the source.

Designer Prabal Gurung has passed along his congratulations on Instagram, posting a photo of Saldana in one of his dresses and writing, “Congratulations to my dearest darling friend and my muse @zoesaldana (and her husband ) on the arrival of their twins.”

The actress’ pregnancy was revealed back in July.

Zoe and Marco tied the knot in a secret ceremony in London in 2013.

Follow @ABCNewsRadio
Copyright 2014 ABC News Radio

facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedinmailby feather Read More →

Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Twins

Randy Holmes/ABC(NEW YORK) — Zoe Saldana gave birth to twins in a Los Angeles hospital last Monday, according to Britain’s Daily Mirror.

They’re the first children for the Guardians of the Galaxy star, 36, and her husband, 35-year-old artist Marco Perego.

E! News confirms the birth of the twins.

The gender of the babies has not yet been revealed, but a source tells the British tabloid, “Zoe and Marco are delighted, Zoe has been ready to drop for some time and they are both ecstatic to be meeting the twins.”

“This a dream come true for both of them, they are absolutely delighted,” the source continues. “They have been looking forward to this day for the last nine months.”

“Both want a big family so this is the start,” adds the source.

Designer Prabal Gurung has passed along his congratulations on Instagram, posting a photo of Saldana in one of his dresses and writing, “Congratulations to my dearest darling friend and my muse @zoesaldana (and her husband ) on the arrival of their twins.”

The actress’ pregnancy was revealed back in July.

Zoe and Marco tied the knot in a secret ceremony in London in 2013.

Follow @ABCNewsRadio
Copyright 2014 ABC News Radio

facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedinmailby feather Read More →

James Bond Script Stolen in Sony Hacker Attack; Studio Cancels Kevin Hart Press Day

Koichi Kamoshida/Getty Images(NEW YORK) — An “early version” of the script for the next James Bond film, Spectre, was among the documents stolen in a Sony hacker attack.

A statement from Eon Productions confirmed the theft of the screenplay, which it described as confidential and protected by law.

“Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios and Danjaq LLC will take all necessary steps to protect their rights against the persons who stole the screenplay, and against anyone who makes infringing uses of it or attempts to take commercial advantage of confidential property it knows to be stolen,” the statement read.

Late last month, hackers attacked Sony’s computer systems, stealing unreleased copies of films, top-secret corporate files, and personal emails from Sony execs — much of which have since been made public.

Actor Kevin Hart fired back after it was revealed one of the emails sent to embattled exec Amy Pascal reportedly referred to Hart as a “whore,” in reference to his promotion of the hit Think Like a Man Too, and now it seems he’s being kept away from the mics. The New York Daily News reports a planned press day for his upcoming movie The Wedding Ringer was cancelled by the studio; Sony reps say it’s to keep the focus on the movie, and not the emails — about which journalists would have certainly asked Hart.

Lawyers for Sony have sent a letter to media outlets, including ABC News, asking them not to broadcast information allegedly stolen from the company by hackers. This includes recent emails from top execs that have come to light, in which some not-so-nice things were said about big-name actors and others. The letter states that if media companies don’t comply, they could be held responsible for damages.

Since the hack attack started there has been a growing debate over the publishing of such material, with some saying there’s no difference between these documents and those hacked naked pictures of celebrities earlier this year.

Follow @ABCNewsRadio
Copyright 2014 ABC News Radio

facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedinmailby feather Read More →

James Bond Script Stolen in Sony Hacker Attack; Studio Cancels Kevin Hart Press Day

Koichi Kamoshida/Getty Images(NEW YORK) — An “early version” of the script for the next James Bond film, Spectre, was among the documents stolen in a Sony hacker attack.

A statement from Eon Productions confirmed the theft of the screenplay, which it described as confidential and protected by law.

“Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios and Danjaq LLC will take all necessary steps to protect their rights against the persons who stole the screenplay, and against anyone who makes infringing uses of it or attempts to take commercial advantage of confidential property it knows to be stolen,” the statement read.

Late last month, hackers attacked Sony’s computer systems, stealing unreleased copies of films, top-secret corporate files, and personal emails from Sony execs — much of which have since been made public.

Actor Kevin Hart fired back after it was revealed one of the emails sent to embattled exec Amy Pascal reportedly referred to Hart as a “whore,” in reference to his promotion of the hit Think Like a Man Too, and now it seems he’s being kept away from the mics. The New York Daily News reports a planned press day for his upcoming movie The Wedding Ringer was cancelled by the studio; Sony reps say it’s to keep the focus on the movie, and not the emails — about which journalists would have certainly asked Hart.

Lawyers for Sony have sent a letter to media outlets, including ABC News, asking them not to broadcast information allegedly stolen from the company by hackers. This includes recent emails from top execs that have come to light, in which some not-so-nice things were said about big-name actors and others. The letter states that if media companies don’t comply, they could be held responsible for damages.

Since the hack attack started there has been a growing debate over the publishing of such material, with some saying there’s no difference between these documents and those hacked naked pictures of celebrities earlier this year.

Follow @ABCNewsRadio
Copyright 2014 ABC News Radio

facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedinmailby feather Read More →

Bill Cosby Briefly Breaks Silence in “New York Post” Interview

Photo by: Peter Kramer/NBC(NEW YORK) — Bill Cosby briefly broke his silence Friday to urge the media to remain “neutral,” as well as to sing the praises of his loyal wife, during an interview with the New York Post’s Page Six.

The 77-year-old comedian was reached at his Massachusetts home and, according to reporter Stacy Brown, he sounded “upbeat.” He declined to address the rape and sex abuse allegations that have been lobbied against him by a growing list of women.

Most recently, model Beverly Johnson claimed he drugged her at his home during the mid-1980s.

He did, however, advise the African-American media to be impartial. “Let me say this. I only expect the black media to uphold the standards of excellence in journalism and when you do that you have to go in with a neutral mind,” he said.

Cosby also spoke about how his wife of more than 50 years, Camille Cosby, was dealing with the strain of the allegations. “Love and the strength of womanhood,” he said. “Let me say it again, love and the strength of womanhood. And, you could reverse it, the strength of womanhood and love.”

That’s all he divulged before cutting the interview short. “They don’t want me talking to the media,” he said.

Cosby’s lawyer has previously denied the allegations made against the comedian. He has never faced criminal charges in connection with the claims.

Follow @ABCNewsRadio
Copyright 2014 ABC News Radio

facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedinmailby feather Read More →

Bill Cosby Briefly Breaks Silence in “New York Post” Interview

Photo by: Peter Kramer/NBC(NEW YORK) — Bill Cosby briefly broke his silence Friday to urge the media to remain “neutral,” as well as to sing the praises of his loyal wife, during an interview with the New York Post’s Page Six.

The 77-year-old comedian was reached at his Massachusetts home and, according to reporter Stacy Brown, he sounded “upbeat.” He declined to address the rape and sex abuse allegations that have been lobbied against him by a growing list of women.

Most recently, model Beverly Johnson claimed he drugged her at his home during the mid-1980s.

He did, however, advise the African-American media to be impartial. “Let me say this. I only expect the black media to uphold the standards of excellence in journalism and when you do that you have to go in with a neutral mind,” he said.

Cosby also spoke about how his wife of more than 50 years, Camille Cosby, was dealing with the strain of the allegations. “Love and the strength of womanhood,” he said. “Let me say it again, love and the strength of womanhood. And, you could reverse it, the strength of womanhood and love.”

That’s all he divulged before cutting the interview short. “They don’t want me talking to the media,” he said.

Cosby’s lawyer has previously denied the allegations made against the comedian. He has never faced criminal charges in connection with the claims.

Follow @ABCNewsRadio
Copyright 2014 ABC News Radio

facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedinmailby feather Read More →

Amal Clooney: Barbara Walters’ Most Fascinating Person of the Year

Thanassis Stavrakis – Pool/Getty Images(NEW YORK) — Amal Clooney, George Clooney’s beautiful new wife, was chosen as the most fascinating person of 2014. Formerly Amal Alamuddin, most people know very little about her.

Amal managed to do the seemingly undoable, locking down a man thought to be one of the world’s most determined bachelors. In fact, Clooney, who had been briefly married in the early 1990’s, told Walters himself in 1995 that “I’m never going to get married again.”

That interview became so well known that Clooney told Walters in a 2006 interview that he no longer had to tell women he was dating that he wasn’t interested in marriage since they’d seen the first interview with Walters.

“You did my work for me,” he told her.

However, meeting Amal changed George’s mind about bachelorhood.

They met at a charity event in Italy in 2013.

Born in Lebanon, Amal moved to a London suburb with her family as a child. She went to Oxford, got a law degree at NYU, and while in New York, clerked for then-federal judge Sonia Sotomayor. When she returned to London, Amal became a well-known human rights attorney with clients such as Julian Assange, Yulia Tymoshenko, and Kofi Annan.

Walters called the wedding perfect — from Amal’s bespoke hat to the spectacular wedding dress designed by the late Oscar De La Renta.

With her marriage to Clooney, Walters says, Amal joins the ranks of Jackie Onassis, Princess Diana and Kate Middleton — everything she does, says or wears is officially…fascinating.

Follow @ABCNewsRadio
Copyright 2014 ABC News Radio

facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedinmailby feather Read More →

Amal Clooney: Barbara Walters’ Most Fascinating Person of the Year

Thanassis Stavrakis – Pool/Getty Images(NEW YORK) — Amal Clooney, George Clooney’s beautiful new wife, was chosen as the most fascinating person of 2014. Formerly Amal Alamuddin, most people know very little about her.

Amal managed to do the seemingly undoable, locking down a man thought to be one of the world’s most determined bachelors. In fact, Clooney, who had been briefly married in the early 1990’s, told Walters himself in 1995 that “I’m never going to get married again.”

That interview became so well known that Clooney told Walters in a 2006 interview that he no longer had to tell women he was dating that he wasn’t interested in marriage since they’d seen the first interview with Walters.

“You did my work for me,” he told her.

However, meeting Amal changed George’s mind about bachelorhood.

They met at a charity event in Italy in 2013.

Born in Lebanon, Amal moved to a London suburb with her family as a child. She went to Oxford, got a law degree at NYU, and while in New York, clerked for then-federal judge Sonia Sotomayor. When she returned to London, Amal became a well-known human rights attorney with clients such as Julian Assange, Yulia Tymoshenko, and Kofi Annan.

Walters called the wedding perfect — from Amal’s bespoke hat to the spectacular wedding dress designed by the late Oscar De La Renta.

With her marriage to Clooney, Walters says, Amal joins the ranks of Jackie Onassis, Princess Diana and Kate Middleton — everything she does, says or wears is officially…fascinating.

Follow @ABCNewsRadio
Copyright 2014 ABC News Radio

facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedinmailby feather Read More →