Review Category : Entertainment

LEGO Does “Star Wars: The Force Awakens”

Lucasfilm/Disney(NEW YORK) — The latest movie to be immortalized as part of Warner Bros. Interactive’s bestselling LEGO video game series will be Star Wars: The Force Awakens.

Fittingly, the game was announced with an animated, shot-for-shot LEGO recreation of the first teaser of the blockbuster film, with some of the game series’ trademark cheeky gags thrown in.

LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens will be available on all gaming consoles on June 28, but is available for pre-order now.

Copyright © 2016, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.

Read More →

Bill Cosby Indecent Assault Charge Will Not Be Dismissed, Judge Rules

Jemal Countess/Getty Images(PHILDELPHIA) — Aggravated indecent assault charges against Bill Cosby will not be dismissed, despite his legal team’s efforts to get the case tossed out.

On Wednesday, a judge shot down the comedian’s motion to dismiss the case.

Wednesday morning, for the second day in a row, Cosby was back in a Pennsylvania court as his legal team continued to argue why the charge of aggravated indecent assault against the comedian should be dismissed.

Cosby, 78, was charged last December by Montgomery County First Assistant District Attorney Kevin Steele.

Tuesday, Bruce Castor, a former Montgomery County District Attorney, told the judge why he never charged the comedian when the alleged incident happened more than a decade ago.

There was never a formal document between the two men in writing, Castor explained, and he decided against drafting a document because he had no plans of prosecuting Cosby.

Castor also said accuser Andrea Constand’s “actions … created a credibility issue for her that could never be improved upon” and that statements from other alleged victims were “very old.”

Castor did say he believed Constand was telling the truth but argued that she had waited too long to come forward. Castor also said Constand contacted a civil lawyer in Philadelphia, weakening the prosecution’s case.

Before the court broke for lunch, the prosecution asked the judge to dismiss the defense’s request to have the case dropped, citing a lack of evidence.

Constand, a former Temple University employee, claimed the comedian invited her to his Pennsylvania home in 2004 and made two sexual advances despite her rebuffs. She also claimed Cosby gave her pills and wine, which made her unresponsive and unable to move. At that point, she claims Cosby sexually assaulted her.

Cosby gave the deposition in 2005 and was just released last year to the public after U.S. District Judge Eduardo Robreno unsealed it. In the deposition, Cosby admitted that he gave Quaaludes to one woman in the past.

Schmitt added that he believed the verbal word Castor gave his client more than 10 years ago and acknowledged the two parties had no written agreement.

Schmitt was the second witness the Cosby legal team has called on in the past two days in an effort to get Judge Steven T. O’Neill to throw out the aggravated indecent assault that was brought against Cosby.

Constand’s lawyer Dolores Troiani has not responded to ABC News’ request for comment.

In addition to the deposition released from the Constand civil suit last year, the charge also came after a barrage of women accused Cosby of sexual misconduct, dating back to the 1960s. Cosby fired back in early December, filing a countersuit for defamation against seven women who previously accused him of sexual misconduct.

Cosby’s attorney, Monique Pressley, previously responded to the assault charge in a statement to ABC News.

“The charge by the Montgomery County District Attorney’s office came as no surprise, filed 12 years after the alleged incident and coming on the heels of a hotly contested election for this county’s DA during which this case was made the focal point,” she said. “Make no mistake, we intend to mount a vigorous defense against this unjustified charge and we expect that Mr. Cosby will be exonerated by a court of law.”

Copyright © 2016, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.

Read More →

Report: Hilary Duff Is Officially a Single Woman

Mike Pont/Getty Images(LOS ANGELES) — Hilary Duff’s divorce from former hockey player Mike Comrie is final.

According to legal documents obtained by TMZ, Duff must pay Comrie $2,408,786. In addition, she gets to keep their Beverly Hills mansion and well as her interest in a Malibu mobile home. He gets to keep his 2014 Bentley coupe, a 2013 Mercedes G-Class SUV and some jewelry.

Hilary, 28, and Mike, 35, get joint custody of their three-year-old son Luca. They split the child-rearing costs. There will be no spousal support for either side.

The couple tied the knot in 2010. Duff filed for divorce last year, citing irreconcilable differences.

Copyright © 2016, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.

Read More →

Tracee Ellis Ross to Be Honored by “Essence” During Black Hollywood Fete

ABC/Bob D’Amico(NEW YORK) — Black-ish star Tracee Ellis Ross, multiple Emmy Award-winning actress/choreographer Debbie Allen and entertainment attorney Nina Shaw will be honored by Essence magazine during its 9th Annual Black Women in Hollywood Luncheon.

The star-studded event, which underscores the spirit of diversity in Hollywood during Oscar week, will feature appearances by Oprah Winfrey, Scandal creator Shonda Rhimes, Nick Cannon, writer/director Ryan Coogler, and actress/singer Zendaya. R&B artist Leon Bridges is scheduled to perform, and the winner of the third annual Black Women in Hollywood Film Contest will be announced.

“We are delighted to continue the tradition of honoring exceptionally talented women who are making significant contributions as creators and performers in Hollywood,” said Essence Editor-in-Chief Vanessa De Luca. “At a time when the conversation about diversity in Hollywood remains prevalent, recognizing the indomitable power and presence of Tracee Ellis Ross, Debbie Allen and Nina Shaw at our annual Black Women in Hollywood Luncheon embraces an inclusive and diverse Hollywood community.”

The event will be televised February 27 at 10 p.m. ET/PT on OWN.

Copyright © 2016, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.

Read More →

James Corden to Host 2016 Tony Awards

Art Streiber/CBS(NEW YORK) — The Late Late Show host James Corden is going to the Tony Awards.

Corden, a Tony Award winner himself, has been named the host of this year’s ceremony, recognizing the best in Broadway.

“I’m absolutely thrilled to be hosting the Tony Awards,” Corden said in statement. “Both times I’ve worked on Broadway have been amongst the happiest times of my professional life. I consider it a huge honor to be asked to host such an incredible night. It’s gonna be fun, I can’t wait to dust off my tap shoes!”

Corden won a Tony in 2012 for his performance in the play One Man, Two Guvnors. He also appeared in The History Boys on Broadway.

The 70th Annual Tony Awards will be held at the Beacon Theatre in New York City on June 12. It will air on CBS.

The nominees will be announced May 3.

Copyright © 2016, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.

Read More →

Lady Gaga to Sing National Anthem at the Super Bowl This Sunday

Monty Brinton/CBS Broadcasting, Inc.(NEW YORK) — Lady Gaga knocked ’em dead at the Oscars last year, and now she’ll be singing for an even bigger worldwide audience. The NFL announced on Tuesday that Gaga will be singing the national anthem at Super Bowl 50 this Sunday.

This will be Gaga’s first time performing at the Super Bowl but she’s already had quite the high-profile year: she’s nominated for an Oscar for her song “Til It Happens to You,” and she picked up a Golden Globe last month for American Horror Story: Hotel. Later this month, she’ll perform at the Grammy Awards.

Last year’s anthem was sung by Idina Menzel. Beyonce, who sang the anthem in 2004, will be joining Coldplay onstage during this year’s halftime show.

Copyright © 2016, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.

Read More →

Vin Diesel Reveals There Will Be “Fast & Furious” 9th & 10th Movies

Gregg DeGuire/Getty Images(LOS ANGELES) — We only just learned the title and release date for Fast 8, thanks to star Vin Diesel. Now he’s revealed there will also be a ninth and tenth film in the Fast & Furious franchise.

An Instagram post from early Wednesday morning declares “2 Decades, 10 Films, 1 Saga,” and reveals the ninth installment will premiere April 19, 2019, with number ten debuting April 2, 2021.

Diesel announced via Instagam January 18 that the eighth film in the franchise will be titled Fast 8 – at least for now — and released in April 2017. Today’s post also gives that release a date: April 14.

Straight Outta Compton director F. Gary Gray is directing Fast 8, with Diesel’s co-stars, including Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson and Jason Statham, expected to return. It’ll be the first installment since Tokyo Drift made without co-star Paul Walker, who was killed in a car crash before 2015’s Furious 7 was completed.

A photo posted by Vin Diesel (@vindiesel) on Feb 2, 2016 at 10:51pm PST

Copyright © 2016, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.

Read More →

Former DA Testifies in Court in Cosby Assault Case

Bill Cosby in a Dec. 30, 2015 booking photo released by the Cheltenham Township, PA Police Department.(MONTGOMERY COUNTY, Penn.) — Former Montgomery County, Pennsylvania, District Attorney Bruce Castor explained to a judge Tuesday why he did not press criminal charges against Bill Cosby a decade ago.

Cosby and his legal team are trying to dismiss the charge of aggravated indecent assault that First Assistant District Attorney Kevin Steele charged him with last December. Cosby, 78, has denied any wrongdoing.

Cosby, dressed in a brown suit, was flanked by security as he entered the court around 9 a.m. Tuesday morning. Judge Steven O’Neill denied the prosecution’s request to postpone or shut down the hearing.

Castor was the first witness the comedian’s legal team called to the stand. Castor claims he made an oral agreement not to criminally prosecute Cosby on a case stemming from a 2005 claim involving accuser and former Temple University employee Andrea Constand.

Castor gave three reasons why he didn’t bring criminal charges against Cosby in 2005: it took Constand almost a year to come forward; the inability to collect forensic evidence; and the fact that Constand contacted a civil lawyer in Philadelphia before going to police in Canada to file a report.

Castor further explained that Constand’s “actions…created a credibility issue for her that could never be improved upon.” He said the statements from other alleged victims were “very old” and noted that these individuals “had never gone to police.”

Castor said Tuesday that Constand’s “behavior was inconsistent with a person who had been sexually assaulted.”

ABC News reached out to Constand’s lawyer, Dolores Troiani, for comment. Constand’s legal team filed a defamation lawsuit this past October against Castor. Constand claims the former D.A. had defamed her by making various statements about her credibility to the media last year, according to paperwork obtained by ABC News.

Cosby and Constand eventually settled a civil lawsuit.

Constand said she and Cosby became friends while she worked at Temple more than a decade ago. She alleged that Cosby invited her to his home, where he made two sexual advances despite her rebuffs. She also claimed the comedian gave her pills and wine, which made her unresponsive and unable to move. At that point, she claims Cosby sexually assaulted her.

U.S. District Judge Eduardo Robreno unsealed Cosby’s deposition in the Constand civil case last year, which brought new information to light, including Cosby’s admission that he gave Quaaludes to one woman in the past.

Cosby’s attorney, Monique Pressley, previously responded to the charge in a statement to ABC News that read in part, “Make no mistake, we intend to mount a vigorous defense against this unjustified charge and we expect that Mr. Cosby will be exonerated by a court of law.”

Cosby has been accused by dozens of women of sexual misconduct over the past two years. Cosby fired back in early December, filing a countersuit for defamation against seven women who previously accused him of sexual misconduct. After the suit was filed, Pressley said in a statement that the women have made “malicious, opportunistic and false and defamatory” comments about him.

Copyright © 2016, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.

Read More →

ABC’s “Madoff,” Starring Richard Dreyfuss, Premieres Tonight

ABC/Giovanni Rufino(NEW YORK) — ABC explores Bernie Madoff and his infamous Ponzi investment scheme in a new miniseries airing Wednesday and Thursday night at 8 p.m. Eastern time.

Richard Dreyfuss fills the lead role in Madoff, which follows the rise and fall of the former investment adviser and how his actions affected those around him.

Dreyfuss says of Madoff, “He betrayed his wife and his children and their children and his friends and his, anyone he ever met. And his oldest friends and his newest friends. And he did that knowing that it was the clue to how corrupt the whole system was, and he just didn’t care.”

However, Dreyfuss states that Madoff didn’t set out to become a Ponzi schemer. Rather, the Oscar winner continues, “Circumstances arose that had allowed him one opportunity, which led to another, which led to another. And that’s really what happened. And there was no culture to stop him.”

Blythe Danner, who plays Madoff’s wife, Ruth, says his story serves as a “lesson learned” — if you scam others, “you’re gonna be caught eventually.”

Copyright © 2016, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.

Read More →

George Clooney Attempts an “ER” Reunion on “Jimmy Kimmel Live!”

ABC/Randy Holmes(LOS ANGELES) — George Clooney dropped by Jimmy Kimmel Live! on Tuesday to plug his new film Hail, Caesar! and to take part in an apparently shoddily planned ER cast reunion featuring the former TV doctor and Kimmel as his patient.

While Clooney swiftly proves he’s game, once again sporting Dr. Doug Ross’ lab coat, he quickly learns Jimmy’s plans are a bust. The rest of Clooney’s former castmembers from the NBC medical drama, which ran from 1994-2009 — including Julianna Margulies, Noah Wyle, and Eriq La Salle — all have other plans.

While filming The Good Wife kept Clooney’s former onscreen love interest Marguilies away, Taco Tuesday at the Wylie household proved more important. La Salle had jury duty, according to the sketch, and Sherry Stringfield allegedly couldn’t get an Uber to take her to the studio.

However, Kimmel did manage to enlist another TV doctor, Hugh Laurie, the former star of Fox’s House, to pick up the slack. With Clooney, the pair juggle a patchwork of medical terms as they struggle to keep Jimmy alive — and their lines straight.

Whatever horrific malady was being suffered by the patient was apparently centered below the belt, obscured by a bedsheet. “I don’t do microsurgery,” Dr. House protested.

Hail, Caesar! which also stars Channing Tatum, Jonah Hill, and Scarlett Johansson, opens nationwide Friday.

Copyright © 2016, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.

Read More →