Review Category : Entertainment

Ousted “Bachelor” Contestant Juelia Kinney Speaks Out

ABC/Rick Rowell(NEW YORK) — The latest contestant to be denied a rose from The Bachelor Chris Soules says she is still hopeful about finding love.

“I’m definitely going to be looking for love and just really optimistic about it,” Juelia Kinney told ABC News.

Kinney, a single mom, had previously opened up to Soules about her split from her husband, saying, “I don’t understand how someone can have a child and leave them like that, and leave me.”

Even though she is no longer on the show, the 30-year-old says the experience gave her time to reflect.

“For the first time since my daughter was born I had time to kind of reflect on how I feel and how I was doing,” Kinney told ABC News. “I’m sure any mothers can relate to that.”

“Through any experience there’s growing and healing and I think that, personally, it was really good for me,” she said.

Kinney was one of three women to be eliminated by Soules, 33, during Monday night’s episode of The Bachelor on ABC.

Follow @ABCNewsRadio
Copyright © 2015, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.

facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedinmailby feather Read More →

Rebel Wilson Says Her ‘Bigger’ Size Is an Asset in Comedy

Universal(SYDNEY) — Rebel Wilson thinks her supposed “bigger” frame is an asset and something that is in no way holding her back when it comes to starring in comedies like Pitch Perfect 2.

“Bigger girls do better in comedy,” she told Australia’s site Daily Life. “I don’t know why. Maybe because people find it easier to laugh. It’s very hard to laugh at someone who’s very attractive, I think.”

The Sydney, Australia native, 28, continued: “And normally those people don’t have a great personality anyway.”

Wilson is proudest of her Pitch Perfect character Fat Amy and what’s she done by using her weight as a positive, not a negative.

“I took something that was seen as a disadvantage — no one thinks, if you’re fat, that you’re going to be an actress and everyone’s going to love you — and turned it into a positive,” she said.

Furthermore, Wilson has no plans to try and shrink down for Hollywood. She’s happy the way she is.

“I do have these dreams, like, ‘What if I just went to a health farm and lost 50 kilos? What would happen? Would it affect my career?’ But then I think, that’s never going to happen,” she added.

Fans know Wilson from hits like Bridesmaids, but she eventually would like to follow in the footsteps of Jonah Hill, who moved into more serious roles and earned Oscar nods for his later work.

“I’ll have to go super dark when I go dark. You don’t want people to think, ‘Is this Fat Amy?'” she said, referring to her Pitch Perfect character.

Follow @ABCNewsRadio
Copyright © 2015, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.

facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedinmailby feather Read More →

Lupita Nyong’o and Jared Leto Reportedly Get Flirty at SAG Awards After-Party

Mark Davis/WireImage(LOS ANGELES) — Lupita Nyong’o and Jared Leto are stirring up dating rumors after a SAG Awards after-party Sunday where a source tells Us Weekly the two were spotted being “very flirty.”

According to the eyewitness, Jared was making moves and “majorly flirting” with the 12 Years a Slave actress.

The party observer notes the Dallas Buyers Club actor “was a whirlwind,” adding, “He came in and spoke to [studio executive] Harvey [Weinstein] for a second, than raced right for Lupita.”

“He hugged her and started whispering to her quietly,” adds the source, noting she was receptive to his attention and followed his lead as he “dragged her right to the dance floor.”

While they were dancing, the duo was “whispering and laughing” closely together, the source tells the magazine. “At one point they were sticking their tongues out at each other and staring into each other’s eyes. It was very flirty.”

The eyewitness says Jared then told Lupita he had to go but to text him later.

Earlier in the evening, the pair had presented an award together at the SAG Awards.

This isn’t the first time dating rumors have swirled around the two Oscar winners. While accepting a 2014 Independent Spirit Award, Leto said, “I want to thank all the women I’ve been with and all the women who think they’ve been with me,” he said. “And also my future ex-wife, I’m talking to you, Lupita Nyong’o!”

The flirting continued when Nyong’o presented Leto with an MTV Award for Best On-Screen Transformation and he gushed, “That’s an award in itself to get that from her.”

Meanwhile, another source tells Us Weekly, Nyong’o has split from rapper K’naan, whom she’d reportedly dated last year. Meanwhile, Leto has previously been linked to pop star Miley Cyrus.

Nyong’o will next be seen on the big screen in Star Wars: Episode VII – The Force Awakens. It opens in December.

Follow @ABCNewsRadio
Copyright © 2015, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.

facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedinmailby feather Read More →

Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden Honeymoon in…Wyoming

iStock/Thinkstock(NEW YORK) — Cameron Diaz and her new husband, Benji Madden, enjoyed a honeymoon in Wyoming last week.

Us Weekly reports the couple traveled to Jackson Hole on Tuesday for a rustic-chic getaway. A source tells the tabloid Cameron and Benji spent part of their time visiting the southern restaurant Q Roadhouse and Brewing Co. where they feasted on hushpuppies, fried chicken and jambalaya.

By Sunday, they were back on the West Coast, where they joined Madden’s brother and musical collaborator, Joel Madden, his wife, Nicole Richie, and their two kids for brunch.

Diaz and Madden tied the knot Jan. 5 at her Beverly Hills home. They got engaged just before Christmas after dating for seven months.

Follow @ABCNewsRadio
Copyright © 2015, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.

facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedinmailby feather Read More →

The Truth About Dianne Wiest’s New York Apartment Drama

Walter McBride/Getty Images(NEW YORK) — Despite what you might have read, a representative for Dianne Wiest said the two-time Oscar winner is not moving out of her New York City apartment for lack of rent money.

Wiest quipped to The New York Times that she had been offered so few roles in recent years that she was going to have to move out of her apartment.

“I have to move out of my apartment soon,” the 66-year-old actress told The New York Times Sunday for a story about the new play Rasheeda Speaking, starring Wiest and Tony winner Tonya Pinkins.

But her rep told ABC News Monday that her quote “was taken out of context.”

“She is not moving out of her apartment,” he said.

Wiest told the Times that since winning Oscars for her work with Woody Allen in Bullets Over Broadway and Hannah and Her Sisters, she has been typecast as “a nice mom and that’s it. That’s all that ever came, except in theater.”

Although her Rasheeda Speaking co-star Pinkins, 52, has been directing and even plans to write a film, Wiest has no similar plans to reinvent herself.

“I think that if it’s meant to happen, it will happen,” she said. “Which I guess is a real sign of stupidity.”

In Rasheeda Speaking, Pinkins, who won a Tony for Jelly’s Last Jam, plays Jaclyn, an African-American receptionist in a surgeon’s office, and Wiest plays her white co-worker. The show, directed by Sex and the City star Cynthia Nixon, begins previews Tuesday.

Follow @ABCNewsRadio
Copyright © 2015, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.

facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedinmailby feather Read More →

The Truth About Dianne Wiest’s New York Apartment Drama

Walter McBride/Getty Images(NEW YORK) — Despite what you might have read, a representative for Dianne Wiest said the two-time Oscar winner is not moving out of her New York City apartment for lack of rent money.

Wiest quipped to The New York Times that she had been offered so few roles in recent years that she was going to have to move out of her apartment.

“I have to move out of my apartment soon,” the 66-year-old actress told The New York Times Sunday for a story about the new play Rasheeda Speaking, starring Wiest and Tony winner Tonya Pinkins.

But her rep told ABC News Monday that her quote “was taken out of context.”

“She is not moving out of her apartment,” he said.

Wiest told the Times that since winning Oscars for her work with Woody Allen in Bullets Over Broadway and Hannah and Her Sisters, she has been typecast as “a nice mom and that’s it. That’s all that ever came, except in theater.”

Although her Rasheeda Speaking co-star Pinkins, 52, has been directing and even plans to write a film, Wiest has no similar plans to reinvent herself.

“I think that if it’s meant to happen, it will happen,” she said. “Which I guess is a real sign of stupidity.”

In Rasheeda Speaking, Pinkins, who won a Tony for Jelly’s Last Jam, plays Jaclyn, an African-American receptionist in a surgeon’s office, and Wiest plays her white co-worker. The show, directed by Sex and the City star Cynthia Nixon, begins previews Tuesday.

Follow @ABCNewsRadio
Copyright © 2015, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.

facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedinmailby feather Read More →

Arnold Schwarzenegger to Be Inducted into WWE Hall of Fame

Paul Kane/Getty Images(NEW YORK) — Arnold Schwarzenegger is an actor, a bodybuilder, a former California governor, and now, a future inductee of the WWE Hall of Fame.

WWE announced Monday that it will enshrine Schwarzenegger into the celebrity wing of its Hall of Fame during a ceremony on March 28 in San Jose, California. He’ll be honored on the night before WWE’s signature event, WrestleMania, which will be staged at Levi’s Stadium — the home of the San Francisco 49ers — in Santa Clara.

Schwarzenegger has made sporadic appearances on the WWE programs Monday Night Raw and Smackdown through the years. He presented wrestling legend Bruno Sammartino when Sammartino was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame in 2013.

Past celebrity inductees include Mike Tyson, Pete Rose, Drew Carey and Mr. T.

Follow @ABCNewsRadio
Copyright © 2015, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.

facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedinmailby feather Read More →

Kim Kardashian: ‘We Support Bruce'; Her Super Bowl Ad Is Released

Peter Kramer/NBC(LOS ANGELES) — Kim Kardashian is mostly keeping mum when it comes to the reports regarding her step-dad Bruce Jenner’s appearance.

Jenner has been photographed with longer hair and nail polish, leading to comments on gossip sites that he looks more feminine.

Kardashian doesn’t seem too willing to share her thoughts on the subject, telling Entertainment Tonight, “I think everyone goes through things in life, and I think that story and what Bruce is going through, I think he’ll share whenever the time is right.”

She notes that Jenner is the “happiest” she’s ever seen him.

The reality star also commented on a recent Instagram photo of herself with Jenner and her sisters captioned, “Family First.” She explained, “Well we support Bruce no matter what, so we were just at his house hanging out and we wanted to take a picture, that was not like a secret message like, ‘We support Bruce.'”

Jenner and Kardashian’s mom, Kris Jenner, separated in 2013. She filed for divorce last September. They have two kids together, Kendall and Kylie Jenner.

Kardashian spoke with ET to discuss her Super Bowl commercial for T-Mobile, which was released online Monday. In the ad, she warns viewers about unused data from cell phone plans, and mocks her selfie obsession.

Follow @ABCNewsRadio
Copyright © 2015, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.

facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedinmailby feather Read More →

Phillip Phillips Sues to Get Out of His “American Idol” Contract

Photo by Larry Marano/Getty Images(NEW YORK) — Former American Idol winner Phillip Phillips is suing the show’s producer, 19 Entertainment, and its affiliated companies to get out of his contract.

The singer claims in paperwork that he’s been “manipulated” by the company over the past few years.

“I am very grateful for the opportunities provided to me through appearing on American Idol,” Phillips told ABC News in a statement. “The value that the fans and the show have given to my career is not lost on me. However, I have not felt that I have been free to conduct my career in a way that I am comfortable with. I look forward to being able to make my own choices about my career and to being able to make great music and play it for my fans.”

Phillips, 24, filed a petition with the California Labor Commissioner, claiming that he was obligated to play gigs that did not benefit his career, such as one show he did for free for JetBlue, and that the production company regularly withheld information about his career from him. For example, he claimed he only found out the name of his album when the public did. Phillips also alleged that 19 Entertainment receives as much as 40 percent of any of his endorsement deals.

At the core of the petition is the Talent Agencies Act, a California law that states that only licensed talent agents can negotiate gigs for their clients. Phillips’ legal team aims to show that the producers were violating the TAA.

Phillips’ lawyer, Howard King at King Holmes Paterno & Berliner, called the deal “oppressive” and “fatally conflicted.” In a statement, he said: “Phillip appreciates the opportunity provided to him by American Idol and always expected the producers to share in the rewards of his subsequent success. However, he never anticipated that the producers would favor their own interests above his career or commit egregious violations of the California’s Talent Agencies Act. Thankfully, California has a long history of protecting artists from being victimized by people illegally operating as de facto talent agencies.”

However, 19 Entertainment stands by the deal.

“We’re very proud of everything we’ve accomplished together with Phillip, working closely to help nurture his extraordinary talent and advance his career. We have always acted in the best interest of Phillip,” a spokesperson for the company told The Hollywood Reporter. “We will vigorously defend ourselves from any baseless claims to the contrary and from any attempt to interfere with our rights and relationships.”

Follow @ABCNewsRadio
Copyright © 2015, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.

facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedinmailby feather Read More →

Phillip Phillips Sues to Get Out of His “American Idol” Contract

Photo by Larry Marano/Getty Images(NEW YORK) — Former American Idol winner Phillip Phillips is suing the show’s producer, 19 Entertainment, and its affiliated companies to get out of his contract.

The singer claims in paperwork that he’s been “manipulated” by the company over the past few years.

“I am very grateful for the opportunities provided to me through appearing on American Idol,” Phillips told ABC News in a statement. “The value that the fans and the show have given to my career is not lost on me. However, I have not felt that I have been free to conduct my career in a way that I am comfortable with. I look forward to being able to make my own choices about my career and to being able to make great music and play it for my fans.”

Phillips, 24, filed a petition with the California Labor Commissioner, claiming that he was obligated to play gigs that did not benefit his career, such as one show he did for free for JetBlue, and that the production company regularly withheld information about his career from him. For example, he claimed he only found out the name of his album when the public did. Phillips also alleged that 19 Entertainment receives as much as 40 percent of any of his endorsement deals.

At the core of the petition is the Talent Agencies Act, a California law that states that only licensed talent agents can negotiate gigs for their clients. Phillips’ legal team aims to show that the producers were violating the TAA.

Phillips’ lawyer, Howard King at King Holmes Paterno & Berliner, called the deal “oppressive” and “fatally conflicted.” In a statement, he said: “Phillip appreciates the opportunity provided to him by American Idol and always expected the producers to share in the rewards of his subsequent success. However, he never anticipated that the producers would favor their own interests above his career or commit egregious violations of the California’s Talent Agencies Act. Thankfully, California has a long history of protecting artists from being victimized by people illegally operating as de facto talent agencies.”

However, 19 Entertainment stands by the deal.

“We’re very proud of everything we’ve accomplished together with Phillip, working closely to help nurture his extraordinary talent and advance his career. We have always acted in the best interest of Phillip,” a spokesperson for the company told The Hollywood Reporter. “We will vigorously defend ourselves from any baseless claims to the contrary and from any attempt to interfere with our rights and relationships.”

Follow @ABCNewsRadio
Copyright © 2015, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.

facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedinmailby feather Read More →