03/14/15 4:00 p.m.
The Bureau of Workers’ Compensation has awarded safety grants to a few area companies. In total more than $1.5 million in grants was distributed to 54 companies in January. The safety grants require a match from the company.
- Legacy Farmers Cooperative in Findlay received more than $24,000 for 15 tarp conversion kits.
- B-K Tool & Design Manufacturing in Kalida received the maximum amount possible of $40,000 to purchase a scissor lift and electric boom lift to reduce risk of falls from heights.The kits will improve the manual tarping process and reduce risk of injury.
- BKP Ambulance District in Kenton received just under $38,000 for three chest compression units and a powered cot.
- Ballreich Brother Inc. in Tiffin got a little more than $23,000 to a sanitizing system and gas booster heater to improve the sacking machine and dishwashing process.
- The Wood County Commissioners Office received $29,000 for three tray delivery carts for food service at Wood Haven Health Care to reduce risk of employees injuries from carrying heavy loads.