10/20/16 – 2:51 P.M.
The 53rd Annual Small Business Awards were held Thursday afternoon and 17 awards were handed out. One of the winners was the Bourbon Affair, who took home the Emerging Business of the Year Award. Dave Spridgeon said the business he owns with Ryan Leonard has been really well.
Small Business of the Year went to Garlock Brothers Construction. President Todd Garlock said this is the second time they’ve won this award.
Here is a full list of awards and winners:
- Distinguished Leadership Award – Carol Dale-Joseph
- Community Partner Award – Findlay-Hancock Community Foundation
- S.T.A.R. Awards – Hearthside Foods and Pilgrim Family Restaurant
- Dennis Russell “Our Spirit Shows” Hospitality Award – Hancock Historical Museum
- ATHENA Award – Jennifer Traxler
- Emerging Business of the Year – The Bourbon Affair
- Small Business Manufacturing Excellence of the Year – Valfim
- Women in Business Champion of the Year – Lisa Allen of the Baker’s Cafe
- Downtown Champion of the Year – Coffee Amici
- Nonprofit Leader of the Year – Brett Finlay of Findlay YMCA
- Go Local Small Business Champion of the Year – Re/Max Realty
- Agriculture Enterprise of the Year – D+H Meats
- Diversity Small Business of the Year – Z-Pulse
- Professional of the Year – Elizabeth Wilkins of 50 North
- Family-Owned Small Business of the Year – Gibson Concrete Construction
- Small Business Person of the Year – Michael Gardner (posthumously) of the Gathering, Gathering Wine, and the Anvil
- Small Business of the Year – Garlock Brothers Construction