11/17/14 – 10:27 P.M.
Some University of Findlay students were displaced by a Sunday fire at an off-campus home. The Findlay Fire Department reports firefighters were called to 331 Midland Avenue just after 7 p.m. An electrical overload in the attic of the home caused smoke to fill the house, forcing five people out.
Damage to the house was estimated at $50,000, and AEP had to disconnect electricity to the home. UF Vice President of Student Affairs Dave Emsweller says the school offered the students housing, but they opted to stay at a friend’s house.
Read More →