9/30/13 – 4:53 A.M.
By any measure, Findlay’s first ever Susan G. Komen race for the cure was a resounding success. More than 3,000 participants including more than 200 breast cancer survivors took to the streets of downtown and parts of the city’s south side to take part in the 5k race and walk. Many residents on along the race route decked their lawns out in pink to support the cause.
The support wasn’t measured in just participants and decorations though. Race chairman Karen Cline tells the Courier the event raised more than $200,000, which was 134% of the goal. 75% of the race proceeds will remain in the affiliate’s 24-county service area, with the remaining 25% being used to fund community grants and research projects.
MORE: The Courier