Getty Images/Monica Schipper(NEW YORK) — After making her debut as the character in Captain America: Civil War, Marisa Tomei is back as Peter Parker’s Aunt May in the upcoming film Spider-Man: Homecoming.

Appearing on ABC’s Good Morning America on Thursday, the Oscar-winning actress acknowledged that her character has previously been portrayed as a much older, gray-haired grandmotherly type. But, as she told ABC’s Lara Spencer, “She’s actually [Peter’s] aunt by marriage, so she can be any age really. It just depends when I met Uncle Ben.”

In Civil War, Robert Downey Jr.’s Stark refers to Tomei, his one-time co-star in the movie Only You, as “Aunt Hottie.” For Spider-Man: Homecoming, Tomei reveals that they filmed a scene that indicated May and Stark have a history.

“…At one point we had a background where she had seen him at a protest — she was protesting his corporation and they still eyeballed each other,” Tomei said, adding that she’s not sure if that scene made the final cut.

Tomei, who won the best supporting actress Oscar for her role as Mona Lisa Vito in 1992’s My Cousin Vinny, told Spencer that she still holds the comedy near and dear to her heart 25 years after its release.

“That’s why I’m so happy that I got to be a part of it, because it lives on, it’s funny,” Tomei said. “It makes people laugh.”

Spider-Man: Homecoming, which stars Michael Keaton, Downey, Zendaya and Tom Holland as Spidey, swings into theaters July 7.

The movie is a co-production of Sony Pictures and Marvel Studios, the latter of which, like ABC News, is owned by Disney.

Copyright © 2017, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.

Read More →

ABC/Randy Holmes(LOS ANGELES) — Ariel Winter is not giving her new boyfriend a free ride and she took to her Instagram account on Wednesday to shoot down the rumor.

The Modern Family star was responding to a story in Star magazine claiming that she gives her boyfriend, Levi Meaden, an allowance.

Winter, 19, opened by calling the tabloid “trash,” adding, “Seriously, how dare you make up stuff that you have no idea about?”

“I have a BOYFRIEND and a PERSONAL ASSISTANT who are NOT the same person,” she continued. “I would NEVER pay my boyfriend ANY sort of allowance, nor would he EVER accept if I offered.”

“He BUYS his own stuff whether it’s for me or himself, and he more than pulls his weight for our life,” she insists. “I HATE fake news, but I guess that’s what our world has come to. Get your s*** straight. I don’t support anyone, and I don’t need anyone to support me.”

Finally, she writes, “He’s got a full career (including something huge that’s new) and works hard for it. He’s not just someone’s boyfriend,” Winter concluded. “So if you don’t know us, don’t comment. Xoxo.”

Copyright © 2017, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.

Read More →

ABC/Greg Gayne

(NEW YORK) — If you ask Will Arnett why he decided to executive produce a reboot of the campy ’70s game show The Gong Show, and the Arrested Development star will smile.

“Anytime you say the name The Gong Show, you smile,” he told Good Morning America After Hours host Lynda Lopez. “I had such good memories of the [original] show, and I thought, ‘When you have something like that…it has so much good will built in…It’s so much fun, and it’d be nice to do a show that’s just about having a good time.”

Like the original, celebrity judges are key to the reboot, which debuts Thursday night. “Everybody from Jack Black, to Zach Galifianakis, to Will Forte and Fred Armisen, and Elizabeth Banks…the list just keeps going. All these fun, funny people, who are friends of mine, who had the same reaction that I did about The Gong Show, and said, ‘Yeah, I wanna come on.'”

The show is hosted by Tommy Maitland — a fictional British comedian who’s actually Mike Myers in disguise. Even so, Arnett insists he’s been a Maitland fan for years.

“I was looking forward to Tommy exposing himself to America,” Arnett deadpanned.

The Gong Show debuts Thursday night at 10 p.m. Eastern time on ABC.

Copyright © 2017, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.

Read More →

Getty Images/J.B. Lacroix(LOS ANGELES) — The Millennium Falcon has a new pilot: Ron Howard has stepped in to direct the upcoming untitled Han Solo film, Lucasfilm announced Thursday. The news comes two days after The LEGO Movie co-directors Phil Lord and Chris Miller parted ways with the project over creative differences.

In a statement, Lucasfilm noted, “we’re thrilled to announce that Ron Howard will step in to direct the untitled Han Solo film. We have a wonderful script, an incredible cast and crew, and the absolute commitment to make a great movie. Filming will resume the 10th of July.”

Oscar-winner Howard has been a part of George Lucas’ galaxy far, far away for years. He starred in Lucas’ American Graffiti, in which Harrison Ford had a small part, and several of his co-stars auditioned for various Star Wars roles. Years later, he directed the fantasy epic Willow for Lucasfilm.

Howard — who went on to win Best Picture and Best Director for A Beautiful Mind — recently admitted Lucas wanted him to direct Star Wars: Episode I — The Phantom Menace. Calling that offer “an honor” but ultimately “too daunting,” Howard became one of the close group of filmmaker friends whom Lucas used as a sounding board while he worked on the Star Wars prequels.

In 2012, Lucas sold Lucasfilm and the Star Wars universe to Disney, the parent company of ABC News.

The Han Solo movie, which stars Alden Ehrenreich as a younger version of the scoundrel famously played by Harrison Ford in the Star Wars movies, is still slated for a May 25, 2018, release.

Although few details are known about the movie, we do know that Atlanta star Donald Glover will play the young Lando Calrissian, and Woody Harrelson has been cast as unlikely mentor for the pilot and Rebellion hero-to-be. Game of Thrones star Emilia Clarke is also in the cast.

Copyright © 2017, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.

Read More →

OWN – 2017(LOS ANGELES) — Industry trade The Hollywood Reporter has released its list of the 100 Most Powerful People in Hollywood, and while many of the names on the list are people working behind the scenes of TV and movies, some familiar names also are present.

Of note, Oprah Winfrey, who was ranked at #22 on last year’s least, jumped all the way to the ninth slot this time, buoyed by her starring role in HBO’s The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks, her role as a contributor on CBS’ 60 Minutes and the recent growth of her OWN network.

Disney companies were well represented on the list as well. Pixar CCO John Lasseter ranked at #17, fueled by the blockbusters Zootopia and Finding Dory, whose star, Ellen DeGeneres, made it to 43. At 18 was Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige. The studio’s films, like Captain America: Civil Wars, Doctor Strange and Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, have grossed more than $11 billion since the first Iron Man feature – starring Robert Downey, Jr., who comes in at #87.

Other famous names include Star Trek Beyond director and Westworld executive producer J.J. Abrams, at #31; Fate of the Furious‘ Dwayne Johnson at #34; and his Furious co-star Vin Diesel tied for #96.

Also returning, but dropping significantly from last year, was Leonardo DiCaprio, falling from 10 to 39. Jennifer Lawrence came in at #41 and Melissa McCarthy — who’s everywhere these days — was at 62.

Coming in at #1 was Bob Iger, the CEO of the Walt Disney Company, the parent of ABC News, which also owns the Star Wars and Marvel Studios franchises, as well as animated movie studio Pixar.

Copyright © 2017, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.

Read More →

iStock/Thinkstock(NEW YORK) — In an exclusive interview with ABC News, a juror in the Bill Cosby sexual assault case said that after dozens of hours of grueling deliberations in a tiny room, 10 of the 12 jurors agreed Cosby was guilty on two counts. On a third count, only one of the jurors believed he was guilty.

The final votes on the first of the three counts was 10 to two to find Cosby guilty of digitally penetrating accuser Andrea Constand without her consent, the juror said.

On the second count, that she was unconscious or unaware during the incident, the juror said the vote was 11 to one to acquit.

On the third count, that the alleged assault occurred after Cosby gave Constand drugs or intoxicants without her knowledge, substantially impairing her for the purpose of preventing her resistance, the jury was deadlocked at 10 to two, in favor of a guilty verdict, according to the juror, who agreed to speak to ABC News on the condition of anonymity.

Cosby had been charged in 2015 with three counts of felony aggravated indecent assault stemming from a 2004 incident involving Constand at his home in Pennsylvania.

Constand testified during the trial that the comedian gave her a drug that rendered her incapable of stopping his alleged assault, though she said she tried. Though Cosby did not take the stand, he said in a decade-old deposition that he gave Benadryl to Constand to “relax” her, and then the two had a consensual sexual encounter. He pleaded not guilty to the felony charge, and denied wrongdoing in other accusations made against him.

District Attorney Kevin Steele has said that he plans to retry the case.

Copyright © 2017, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.

Read More →

ABC/Lorenzo Bevilaqua

(LOS ANGELES) — The Kardashian-Wests are reportedly not ready to stop with baby number two.

A source confirms to People that Kim Kardashian and Kanye West have hired a surrogate to carry their third child. The couple, who married in 2014, are already the parents two young children, 4-year-old daughter North and 18-month-old son Saint.

Kim, who on her reality show, Keeping Up with the Kardashians, repeatedly expressed her desire to have more children, was warned by doctors that having another child could come with major health risks for her. Kardashian suffers from placenta accreta, a condition where the placenta grows into the wall of the womb and prevents it from easily detaching at birth.

“My doctor had to stick his entire arm in me and detach the placenta with his hand, scraping it away from my uterus with his fingernails. How disgusting and painful!!!” the reality star wrote on her blog.

After undergoing an unsuccessful procedure to help her get pregnant, Kardashian said she began to consider having a surrogate after doctors told her it would be unsafe for her to give birth again.

“I’ve come to the conclusion in my mind that I can’t carry another one. So now I want to explore surrogacy,” Kardashian West told her mother, Kris Jenner, on the show.

No word yet on who the possible surrogate might be.

Copyright © 2017, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.

Read More →

Getty Images/Johnny Louis

(NEW YORK) — David Blaine’s been doing magic for more than 20 years, but he’s only now touring North America. Says Blaine, “It took this long to figure out what would make sense.”

“This is a combination of magic and endurance and everything that I’ve worked on my whole life, plus new things, all combined into one evening,” Blaine explains. “So the idea of combining everything back to back, night after night, all in one night, is a real ambitious goal.”

If you’ve only seen Blaine perform on TV, he says this tour is your chance to confirm there’s no camera trickery involved. You can also see his mistakes.

“On TV…if something didn’t go exactly as planned, we can shoot again and again until it’s right,” he tells ABC Radio. “Live, when something goes not-as-planned, you live it with the audience and…and in my case, not-as-planned could be very, very dangerous.”

Blaine says he much prefers touring to that magicians’ cliche: the Las Vegas residency.

“What’s nice about this show is that it kinda comes and then it goes, and it may never come back again,” he explains. “It’s more special that way.”

Blaine has performed for presidents and world leaders, but he says there’s no need for him to perform for President Donald Trump — not only has he already done it, he gives Trump credit for helping his career.

“He’s the one that gave me the land for my very first stunt,” Blaine reveals. “In 1999, when I was buried alive, it was on Trump’s property. He took a nice risk letting me just do a random ‘bury myself alive’ in the middle of New York City. For an unknown at that time, it was really cool…he’s been always great with things like that.”

Here are Blaine’s remaining tour dates:

6/21 — Murat Theatre Indianapolis, IN
6/23 — Hard Rock Live Northfield, OH
6/24 — Taft Theatre Cincinnati, OH
6/25 — Byham Theater Pittsburgh, PA
6/27 — Crouse-Hinds Theater Syracuse, NY
6/28 — Hanover Theatre For Perf. Arts Worcester, MA
6/30 — Merrill Auditorium At City Hall Portland, ME
7/1 — Flynn Center For The Performing Arts Burlington, VT
7/2 — Capitol Center for the Arts – Chubb Theatre Concord, NH
7/4 — Centre In The Square Kitchener, ON
7/5 — FirstOntario Centre Hamilton, ON
7/7 — Sands Bethlehem Event Center Bethlehem, PA
7/8 — Hippodrome Theatre / France-Merrick Perf. Arts Ctr. Baltimore, MD
7/09 — Chrysler Hall Norfolk, VA
7/11 — Ovens Auditorium Charlotte, NC
7/12 — The Louisville Palace Theatre Louisville, KY
7/14 — Ryman Auditorium Nashville, TN
7/15 — Concert Hall At The BJCC Birmingham, AL
7/16 — Saenger Theatre New Orleans, LA
7/18 — Austin City Limits Live at The Moody Theater Austin, TX
7/19 — Majestic Theatre San Antonio, TX
7/21 — The Plaza Theatre El Paso, TX
7/22 — Fox Tucson Theatre Tucson, AZ
7/23 — Kiva Auditorium Albuquerque, NM

Copyright © 2017, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.

Read More →

HBO

(LOS ANGELES) — HBO has unveiled the second trailer for the hotly anticipated seventh season of Game of Thrones.

The two-minute clip touches on all parts of the Seven Kingdoms and beyond, from Sansa and Jon Snow in the icy North, to the ruthless Cersei Lannister in the South. There’s also Daenerys, who’s sailing towards Westeros with her army of Unsullied and Dothraki soldiers — plus her three fully-grown dragons who look ready to breathe fire on everyone.

“The lone wolf dies,” Sansa says cryptically at the end of the trailer, “but the pack survives.”

Game of Thrones season seven premieres July 16 on HBO.

Copyright © 2017, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.

Read More →

NBCUniversal Media – 2017(LOS ANGELES) — The America’s Got Talent auditions continued on Tuesday night with more singers, dancers, magicians and acrobats. Tuesday’s showcase included a dance troupe from the Ukraine who was sent straight to the live rounds via the Golden Buzzer.

Here are some of Tuesday’s highlights:

Greater Works choir brought the house down with the gospel classic song “This Little Light of Mine.” Howie Mandel declared they “took this Jew to church,” and Heidi Klum called them the best choir they’ve had during her time on the show. They received four enthusiastic four yeses and advanced to the next round.

Ukrainian dance troupe Light Balance performed in the dark with neon lights on their clothing that flashed to the beat of the music. Host Tyra Banks pressed her “Golden Buzzer,” sending them straight to the live rounds.

Celine Tam, nine, blew the judges away with her version of “My Heart Will Go On,” by her namesake, Celine Dion. Simon Cowell called her “incredible.” Heidi said Tam “knocked it out of the park.” Howie added, “adorable and amazing” and Mel B couldn’t get over Celine’s confidence. All four judges voted “yes” to sending Celine to the next round.

Magician Tom London, asked Simon to pick four people from the audience and join him on stage and have them guess the answers to different question, including how many number one-selling artists were on Simon’s record label, how many millions of records Mel B has sold and what year Heidi began modeling. London had Tyra Banks multiply those numbers and add a random number, which came to a grand total of 73,928,547. He then showed a pre-taped video of himself holding up a big sign with the same number — but that wasn’t all. Within that number, were the real answers to the questions about Simon, Mel B and Heidi. With four yeses, he advances in the competition.

Arizona native Evie Clair, 13, sang Christina Perri’s “Arms” in honor of her dad, who is fighting stage IV colon cancer. Her emotional performance drew a standing ovation from the judges and audience. Simon called the teen’s voice “stunning,” adding that she would be one of the acts he’d remember. The judges voted unanimously to sending her to the next round.

Also advancing on Tuesday were J.J. Phillips, the “rock & roll keyboardist,” Korean dance troupe Just Jerk Crew, acrobatic duo Men with Pans and comic daredevil clown Bello Nock.

America’s Got Talent airs again next Tuesday at 8 p.m. Eastern time on NBC.

Copyright © 2017, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.

Read More →