Director Bryan Singer. Alberto E. Rodriguez/WireImage(LOS ANGELES) — Attorneys for one of the Hollywood executives being sued by director Bryan Singer’s accuser have released a new statement denying the sex abuse allegations made by the plaintiff.

Michael Egan, 31, has claimed that Gary Goddard and two other executives, David Neuman and Garth Ancier, abused him when he was a teenager at an Encino, Calif., home, and in Hawaii.

Goddard’s attorneys say in their statement that their client “was not in Hawaii with Mr. Egan. He did not molest or touch or annoy Mr. Egan or commit any of the acts alleged. Also, he did not furnish drugs or alcohol to any minor at any time.”

The statement continues, “We have also reviewed the complaints filed against other defendants by Mr. Egan. The ‘cookie-cutter’ allegations in all of the complaints filed by Mr. Egan are so fantastical as to be unbelievable on their face.”

Goddard directed the 1987 He-Man movie Masters of the Universe and has helped create theme park attractions for Universal Studios.

Ancier, Neuman and Singer — the latter of whom was named in Egan’s first lawsuit, filed last week — previously denied the allegations made against them by Egan, who is represented by attorney Jeff Herman.

Herman also represented plaintiffs who brought three sex abuse cases against former Elmo puppeteer Kevin Clash. The U.S. Court of Appeals threw out the cases this month, agreeing with a previous decision by a New York judge to dismiss the complaints, according to People magazine.

Herman tells the magazine, “The case was dismissed because of the statute of limitations. There is no ruling on the merits.”

Another, similar case against Clash is still pending.

Copyright 2014 ABC News Radio

facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedinmailby feather Read More →

Axelle/Bauer-Griffin/FilmMagic(LOS ANGELES) — Olivia Wilde and Jason Sudeikis are new parents. They have welcomed a baby boy named Otis Alexander.

Wilde, 30, made the announcement on Twitter Wednesday evening. She posted a photo of herself holding her new child, and wrote, “Ladies and gentlemen, Otis Alexander Sudeikis has LEFT the building! (I’m the building).”

The House and Rush actress didn’t release additional details. Otis is the first child for both Wilde and Sudeikis, 38.

The couple announced the pregnancy last October. They’ve been engaged since January of 2013.

Sudeikis and Pitch Perfect screenwriter Kay Cannon divorced in 2010. Wilde divorced Tao Ruspoli in 2011.

Copyright 2014 ABC News Radio

facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedinmailby feather Read More →

Vince Bucci/Getty Images(NEW YORK) — Billy Bob Thornton and Angelina Jolie have been divorced for almost 11 years, but Thornton says the two remain friends.

When the relationship website Your Tango asked Thornton recently if he still talks to his ex-wife, the Armageddon actor revealed, “Oh of course, yeah. She’s amazing, amazing. She’s got so much energy and so much goodness in her, and we check in on each other all the time.”

The actor adds, “She makes sure I’m doing okay. I make sure she’s doing okay.”

Thornton, 58, and Jolie, 38, were married from 2000 to 2003.

Thornton plays a drifter named Lorne Malvo in the new FX series Fargo, airing Tuesdays at 10 p.m. Eastern time.

Jolie will next be seen playing the villain from Sleeping Beauty in the upcoming film Maleficent, set to hit theaters May 30.

Copyright 2014 ABC News Radio

facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedinmailby feather Read More →

Vince Bucci/Getty Images(NEW YORK) — Billy Bob Thornton and Angelina Jolie have been divorced for almost 11 years, but Thornton says the two remain friends.

When the relationship website Your Tango asked Thornton recently if he still talks to his ex-wife, the Armageddon actor revealed, “Oh of course, yeah. She’s amazing, amazing. She’s got so much energy and so much goodness in her, and we check in on each other all the time.”

The actor adds, “She makes sure I’m doing okay. I make sure she’s doing okay.”

Thornton, 58, and Jolie, 38, were married from 2000 to 2003.

Thornton plays a drifter named Lorne Malvo in the new FX series Fargo, airing Tuesdays at 10 p.m. Eastern time.

Jolie will next be seen playing the villain from Sleeping Beauty in the upcoming film Maleficent, set to hit theaters May 30.

Copyright 2014 ABC News Radio

facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedinmailby feather Read More →

Frazer Harrison/Getty Images for Overture Films(NEW YORK) — You would never think Debra Messing would have trouble finding a great role, but the Will & Grace star, 45, said there are still “inequities” in Hollywood when it comes to men and women.

“It’s well-known that it’s not equally represented for women. It’s just a struggle we are going to try and continue and rectify,” she told ABC News. “Whether or not it’s above the title, executive producing or directing, or even writer categories.”

She added that even “the best roles” and “stories written” are usually skewed towards men. But Messing is not complaining and having great opportunities in Will & Grace, Smash and now her new show The Mysteries of Laura, is something she is very thankful for.

“Having said that there’s so much talent out there and I’m always looking for the thing that’s going to move me,” she added. “There have been obvious disappointments along the road, whether it has been a coveted role, where I’m one of a thousand women who want that role and it’s not going to go my way. And you sort of sit back and say, ‘Why aren’t’ there 50 roles like that, that are available right now.’”

She continued, “[But] on the whole I feel incredibly blessed. There have been roles along the way that have spoken to me or moved me and I feel like The Mysteries of Laura is one of those special, special roles!”

In the new show that just filmed its pilot, Messing plays Detective Laura Diamond, who is also a mother when she is off-duty, something the actress can relate to. Messing is busy on Broadway and filming this pilot, but still finds time to spend with her 10-year-old son Roman.

“I don’t think there are many tricks,” she said of finding time to be with her son. “When you are not working, you have tons of time for your personal life and the people in your life and you can make that time special. Obviously when you work, it’s intense.”

But even when she is working, she and her son adapt.

“We just work together,” she added. “When I did the Broadway play, it was three months, so we knew I was only going to be working at night. We just made our time in the morning and our time before I went to the theater.”

“You just have to be flexible,” she said of helping Roman with his homework, watching TV or even eating together. “It’s not always easy and not always ideal. But it’s all for the right reasons — to be a consistent a parent as possible.”

Copyright 2014 ABC News Radio

facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedinmailby feather Read More →

Columbia Pictures/Getty Images(NEW YORK) — The director of the first two Ghostbusters movies is tuning out the critics on the Internet who are not in favor of the planned third film in the series.

Ivan Reitman, who will produce the third Ghostbusters flick, said he can’t focus on what others have to say because they have so many ideas on what the sequel should be. He explains to ABC News Radio, “It’s our job as creative people to come up with something that is going to be satisfying. I think, you know, none of us want to make a crappy movie.”

One of the ongoing questions regarding the new Ghostbusters film is whether Bill Murray will be back as Dr. Peter Venkman. Reitman says the cast has yet to be assembled: “I think we’ll have a number of the original actors play a role in it. Perhaps even Bill Murray if he sort of decides at some point that he wants to.”

The original starred Murray, Dan Aykroyd, Ernie Hudson and the late Harold Ramis as the Ghostbusters.

Reitman originally planned to direct the third Ghostbusters movie, but he stepped aside in part because of Ramis’ death. A replacement has not yet been named.

Copyright 2014 ABC News Radio

facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedinmailby feather Read More →

Raymond Hall/GC Images(NEW YORK) — Cameron Diaz recently made headlines for her thoughts on monogamy, telling InStyle magazine, “I don’t know if anyone is really naturally monogamous. We all have the same instincts as animals. But we live in a society where it’s been ingrained in us to do these things.”

But the actress cleared the air Wednesday on Good Morning America about what she really meant about having a solo sexual partner.

“Monogamy, I think, is a very important part of relationships working,” Diaz, 41, told GMA co-host Lara Spencer, adding that she was previously referring to her character’s beliefs in her upcoming film, The Other Woman, rather than her own.

“My character said she doesn’t believe in monogamy and then somehow journalists were like, ‘So, you don’t believe in monogamy?’ And I’m like, ‘That is my character. You know I’m acting, right?’” Diaz explained.

In the new romantic comedy hitting theaters Friday, Diaz plays a sexy single woman who discovers she’s dating a married man. The confusion surrounding her comments on monogamy stemmed from the publication’s interview where she said, “A lot of people chase after it because they’ve been told, ‘This equals happiness.’ They chase it, they get it, and then they find out, ‘Why did I think this was going to make me happy? I’m miserable.’”

It’s a sentiment the blond bombshell echoed on the BBC’s The Graham Norton Show earlier this month.

“I’m like, ‘Relax. It’s OK if you did.’ Everybody gets cheated on,” she explained.

Of course, the A-lister has not shied away from serious relationships. She has been linked to some of Hollywood’s leading men, from Justin Timberlake to Jared Leto to baseball star Alex Rodriguez.

“I’m grateful for all of it, whether it was something quick and passing or something that lingered too long,” she told the publication. “There is not one thing I’ve been through that hasn’t been a lesson that led me to this moment, and I can’t believe how great life keeps getting.”

Copyright 2014 ABC News Radio

facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedinmailby feather Read More →

Stefanie Keenan/Getty Images for Wallis Annenberg Center for the Performing Arts(LOS ANGELES) — Congrats are in order for Jodie Foster and photographer Alexandra Heddison. ABC News Radio has confirmed the two were married last weekend.

Foster and Heddison began dating in the summer of 2013, according to E! News.

Heddison previously dated Ellen DeGeneres before the talk show host left her for Portia de Rossi, according to E! sources. Heddison and DeGeneres had dated for about three years before they split in 2004.

Foster was previously linked to Cydney Bernard; they split in 2008 after 20 years together. They are co-parents to two sons: Charles and Kit.

Copyright 2014 ABC News Radio

facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedinmailby feather Read More →

Sara De Boer/STARTRAKS PHOTO via ABC(WASHINGTON) — After being postponed twice, Chris Brown’s misdemeanor assault trial was expected to start Wednesday in Washington, D.C. Superior Court. But the trial has been delayed once again.

The Washington Post reports the judge overseeing the case delayed Brown’s trial until June 25, which is the same day the singer’s bodyguard, Christopher Hollosy, will be sentenced. Earlier this week, Hollosy was found guilty of assaulting a man outside of a Washington, D.C., hotel last year.

The paper reports Hollosy has refused to testify against Brown, who allegedly participated in the physical altercation, in an effort to avoid incriminating himself prior to his sentencing. Brown’s bodyguard faces a maximum of six months in jail and a $1,000 fine.

While Brown has denied hitting his accuser, he faces the same penalty as Hollosy. In addition, Brown also could face problems in California, where he’s on probation stemming from his 2009 assault on then-girlfriend Rihanna. If he’s found to have violated his probation in that case, he could face four years in a California prison.

Copyright 2014 ABC News Radio

facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedinmailby feather Read More →

Sara De Boer/STARTRAKS PHOTO via ABC(WASHINGTON) — After being postponed twice, Chris Brown’s misdemeanor assault trial was expected to start Wednesday in Washington, D.C. Superior Court. But the trial has been delayed once again.

The Washington Post reports the judge overseeing the case delayed Brown’s trial until June 25, which is the same day the singer’s bodyguard, Christopher Hollosy, will be sentenced. Earlier this week, Hollosy was found guilty of assaulting a man outside of a Washington, D.C., hotel last year.

The paper reports Hollosy has refused to testify against Brown, who allegedly participated in the physical altercation, in an effort to avoid incriminating himself prior to his sentencing. Brown’s bodyguard faces a maximum of six months in jail and a $1,000 fine.

While Brown has denied hitting his accuser, he faces the same penalty as Hollosy. In addition, Brown also could face problems in California, where he’s on probation stemming from his 2009 assault on then-girlfriend Rihanna. If he’s found to have violated his probation in that case, he could face four years in a California prison.

Copyright 2014 ABC News Radio

facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedinmailby feather Read More →