NBC(NEW YORK) — Saturday Night Live is adding another comedian to its line-up. Jon Rudnitsky will join the rest of the cast for season 41, NBC announced Monday.

Rudnitsky, 25, is a stand-up comedian who built his fan base by creating parodies of popular shows, such as House of Cards and True Detective, then posting them to YouTube.

SNL returns to NBC Oct. 3 with host Miley Cyrus.

Copyright © 2015, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.

Read More →

Image Courtesy Eliot Lee Hazel/RCA Records(SAN JOSE, Calif.) — Chris Brown is reportedly being sued by a college student who was shot at a California nightclub where Brown was performing earlier this year.

According to the Courthouse News Service, 22-year-old Paul Briley was shot in the foot at the Fiesta nightclub January 11 in San Jose, CA. He was one of five people who was wounded by gunfire. In his suit, he claims he suffered nerve damage, and is seeking medical expenses and damages in his suit.

Briley’s attorney, Richard Alexander, says, “This never should happen. Brown’s managers and promoters know that predictably violence follows in Brown’s wake.” The lawyer adds, “He can and should always demand security for his fans, especially since he has a full retinue of bodyguards right at hand to protect him.”

Following the incident, Los Angeles Superior Court Judge James R. Brandlin revoked Brown’s probation, stating the singer traveled without approval to San Jose and failed to complete community service on time. Breezy had been ordered by probation officials not to leave Los Angeles County without permission. The ruling forced Brown to delay his “Between The Sheets” tour with Trey Songz.

Copyright © 2015, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.

Read More →

TLC/Discovery(NEW YORK) — In the wake of recent revelations about 19 Kids and Counting star Josh Duggar’s sexual abuse of family members and others, TLC Sunday night aired the documentary Breaking the Silence, which featured sisters Jessa Duggar Seewal and Jill Duggar Dillard as they went through sexual abuse prevention training.

Josh Duggar admitted he inappropriately touched his sisters when he was in his teens, along with other minor girls. He later apologized for his “inexcusable” actions. TLC cancelled the Duggar family’s show 19 Kids and Counting after the news broke.

In the doc, Jessa said a conversation around sexual abuse needs to happen in every home. “I feel like this should be a discussion people are having, even regularly,” she added. “I think that it shouldn’t be a taboo subject, that we should be bringing awareness to child sexual abuse and talking about this.”

Jessa, who is expecting her first child in November, said the sexual abuse prevention training was especially helpful for her so she can “set up boundaries and safeguards for my child and children, hopefully, in the future.”

Her sister Jill said it felt good to talk about what happened to them because it formed a sort of community of those who have been abused. “It’s amazing to understand that there are so many people that deal with this exact same thing in their own families,” she said.

Other victims of sexual abuse spoke during the one-hour special, including Lois & Clark actress Teri Hatcher and Dancing with the Stars professional dancer Cheryl Burke.

Copyright © 2015, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.

Read More →

Sherwin Lainez(NEW YORK) — Honey, he’s good…but is he a good dancer? We’ll find out soon, because Andy Grammer has joined the cast of ABC’s Dancing with the Stars.

Andy appeared on the show twice last year, and told ABC Radio at the time that competing on the show was something he hadn’t ruled out. He even said he’d talked about it to his good friend Gavin DeGraw, who was on the show a few seasons back.

Rumor has it Andy was called in at the last minute because Full House star Jodi Sweetin had to back out due to filming commitments.

The cast of ABC’s Dancing with the Stars will be a very musical one this year. In addition to Andy, it will include Backstreet Boy Nick Carter and R&B legend Chaka Khan.

Copyright © 2015, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.

Read More →

Lionsgate Films(NEW YORK) — If you’ve yet to watch The Hunger Games: Catching Fire on Netflix, you better act fast.

Netflix said Sunday that the second Hunger Games movie, along with other high-profile flicks like World War Z and Transformers: Age of Extinction, will expire at the end of September on its U.S. service.

Why? Because, Netflix Chief Content Officer Ted Sarandos explained in a blog post, the company has decided not to renew its agreement in the U.S. with the cable network Epix.

“While many of these movies are popular, they are also widely available on cable and other subscription platforms at the same time as they are on Netflix and subject to the same drawn out licensing periods,” Sarandos said. “Through our original films and some innovative licensing arrangements with the movie studios, we are aiming to build a better movie experience for you.”

Sarandos touted the original projects that will debut on Netflix in the coming months, including the Adam Sandler comedy Ridiculous Six, the Bill Murray holiday special A Very Murray Christmas, and the Pee-wee Herman movie Pee-wee’s Big Holiday.

Copyright © 2015, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.

Read More →

Peter Kramer/NBC(LOS ANGELES) — Matt Damon says the reason he hasn’t done a Bourne movie since 2007 is that he and director Paul Greengrass were waiting for a big enough change in the world.

Enter Edward Snowden.

Though his first three movies were hits, the actor told BuzzFeed, “We always looked at those movies as really about the Bush presidency, and so we kind of had to wait for the world to change.”

So, after Snowden’s privacy revelations in recent years, Damon said, “Without giving too much of it away, it’s Bourne through an austerity-riddled Europe and in a post-Snowden world….There are all these kinds of arguments about spying and civil liberties and the nature of democracy.”

The film is out next July and starts in Greece, ending in Vegas.

Copyright © 2015, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.

Read More →

ITV(NEW YORK) — While the final season of Downton Abbey won’t premiere in the U.S. until January, there’s a new promo online that will whet your appetite.

It was released over the weekend by British broadcaster ITV, which will debut the sixth and final season of the period drama in the U.K. on September 20.

In the one-minute clip, Robert Crawley, played by Hugh Bonneville, tells Jim Carter’s Mr. Carson, “If I could stop history in its tracks, maybe I would. But I can’t, Carson, for neither you nor I can hold back time.”

The new season debuts in the U.S. on PBS on January 3, 2016.

Copyright © 2015, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.

Read More →

Shelby County Sheriff’s Office(MEMPHIS, Tenn.) — Former TV judge Joe Brown turned himself in to authorities Thursday night and is serving a five-day stint for being found in contempt of court dating back to an incident from last year, Shelby County Sheriff’s Office confirmed to ABC News.

Brown, 68, surrendered himself to Memphis police, then was transferred to Shelby Corrections, police add.

The contempt of court charge comes from a March 2014 incident after Brown attempted to help a woman in her child support case. He ignored the judge’s warning to quiet down after getting loud with court employees, Shelby County Juvenile Court told ABC News at the time.

Last year, Brown himself spoke to ABC News about the arrest and the incident.

“When I insisted that the woman’s charges be dismissed. He started talking about, I’m not an attorney so-and-so….I said, ‘You know, it’s wrong….You’re better than this,'” Brown explained, adding he should only have been fined.

Dan Michael, chief magistrate of the Shelby County Juvenile Court that Brown interrupted, told ABC News, “This is not Hollywood. This is the real thing and as an officer of the court he should have known better.”

Brown was in jail for a few hours right after the incident, then had a hearing a month later to set the five-day jail stint he is now serving.

Brown’s lawyer did not immediately respond to ABC News’ request for comment.

Brown’s show, Judge Joe Brown, ran from 1998 to 2013.

Copyright © 2015, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.

Read More →

David Giesbrecht for Netflix(LOS ANGELES) — Robin Wright and and her fiancé Ben Foster have called off their engagement, a source tells People magazine.

The couple actually broke up months ago, according to the insider.

Wright, 49, and Foster, 34, met on the set of the 2011 film Rampart, and got engaged in February of 2014. They broke up the following November, but were back together a few months later.

The House of Cards actress was married to Sean Penn from 1996-2010. They have two children together: a 24-year-old daughter and a 22-year-old son.

House of Cards returns for its fourth season on Netflix in 2016.

Copyright © 2015, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.

Read More →

ABC News(NEW YORK) — With his signature leg drop, horseshoe moustache and undeniable strength, 12-time world wrestling champion Hulk Hogan single-handedly transformed wrestling into a global phenomenon, but he’s now he’s fighting to maintain his legacy after fallout over his admitted use of the N-word.

In an exclusive interview with ABC News’ Amy Robach that aired Monday on Good Morning America, a contrite and emotional Hogan talked about the circumstances surrounding his use of the N-word. He steadfastly denied being a racist and begged his fans for forgiveness.

In addition to the scandal involving his use of the N-word in the past, the 62-year-old is embroiled in a legal battle with Gawker Media following the gossip website’s publication of a tape showing Hogan having sex. The National Enquirer reported on the audio from a different part of that tape, in which Hogan can be heard using the racial slur, according to the Enquirer.

The tape is believed to have been recorded between 2006 and 2007.

Hogan is suing Gawker Media for $100 million. Heather Dietrick, Gawker’s president and general counsel, has argued that publishing the tape was an issue of newsworthiness.

Born Terry Bollea, the man behind the once-indestructible “Hulkster” was wiped from the WWE’s Hall of Fame last month after his use of the racial slur was revealed.

Hogan told Robach that he had been “upset over a situation that happened” between his daughter, Brooke Bollea, and her boyfriend. That’s when he referred to his daughter’s then-boyfriend using the N-word.

Hogan said he had “no idea” that he was being taped, explaining: “I was to the point where I wanted to kill myself, you know?”

He described how he sat in his bathroom by himself, his estranged wife and children gone.

“I was completely broken and destroyed and said, ‘What’s the easiest way out of this?’ I mean, I was lost,” he said.

Asked whether he was suicidal, Hogan replied, “Yes, I was.”

Then Robach asked: “Are you a racist?”

“I’m not a racist but I never should have said what I said. It was wrong. I’m embarrassed by it,” he said, but added: “People need to realize that you inherit things from your environment. And where I grew up was south Tampa, Port Tampa, and it was a really rough neighborhood, very low income. And all my friends, we greeted each other saying that word.”

He added that the word was “just thrown around like it was nothing.”

Asked whether it was fair to say that he inherited a racial bias, Hogan agreed that he did.

“I would say that is very fair. The … the environment I grew up in in south Tampa and all my white friends, all my black friends, to hear the word on a daily basis when they’d greet me in the morning, that’s what they’d say to me, ‘Good morning,’ so-and-so,” he said. “I think that was part of the culture and the environment I grew up in and I think that’s fair to say.”

As for his fans who may feel let down by his actions, Hogan asked for forgiveness.

“Oh, my gosh. Please forgive me. Please forgive me,” he said. “I think if you look at the whole picture of who Hulk Hogan is, you can see over all the years that there’s not a racist bone in my body.”

He said he has forgiven himself, telling Robach that it wasn’t hard for him to do because he’s not a racist.

“I’m a nice guy. It’s not, you know, not the Hulk Hogan that rips a shirt off and bang, bang, bang, slams giants, you know? I’m Terry Bollea,” he said.

But WWE – formerly the WWF – took drastic action. It fired the wrestling legend and removed his image and name from its website’s Hall of Fame.

Hogan was shocked.

“I’ve worked for the WWE for almost 30 years off and on … and then all of a sudden, everything I’ve done my whole career and my whole life was like it never happened,” he said.

He described the WWE’s actions as “devastating.”

“I mean, I love this business. I mean, it’s been my life. I’ve given my life to this business,” he said. “I’ve destroyed my body because I love doing this so much … And I knew great things were still coming. And — it just destroyed me.”

Many high-profile figures are now coming to his defense, including Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, George Foreman and Dennis Rodman.

His daughter has also come to her father’s defense, writing in a poem on Facebook: “Human isn’t perfect and perfect is not he but I can tell you one thing, it’s just not what it seems. Cause if you knew the dad I knew, you’d know he raised me well. He taught me folks are so much more than shades could ever tell.”

Hogan said if anyone should have disowned him, it should have been his daughter.

“She knows me. She’s seen me — kids of every color, nationality… She’s seen me interact with these kids through Make A Wish, through just all these different organizations,” he said, getting emotional as he added: “For me to vent and be so angry at her, she should have been the one — she should have been the one to throw me out like the trash. But instead, she showed me more love than anybody.”

His daughter has never wavered, he said.

“She’s been so supportive … she instantly said ‘I don’t even need to forgive you ’cause I’m not mad at you. I love you. You’re my dad,'” he said.

Hogan is trying to turn the experience into a positive.

“You know, just because a person makes a mistake, just don’t throw them away. You don’t throw good people away … I refuse to believe that one thing that I did, which is not who I am, is the beginning of my demise,” he said. “I think it’s going to open up a lot of eyes and I’m accountable. I did it. I if I did something, I’ll tell you, I did it.”

Even on what he calls the “worst day of his life,” Hogan said: “I thought, ‘You know what? This is going to be the greatest day of my life,’ as crazy as that sounds.”

“Why would it be the greatest day of your life?” Robach asked.

“So this can become the greatest day in my life if people understand there can’t be double standards,” he said. “And you just can’t use the word. Let’s take it out of the dictionary. Let’s not use it in rap songs or movies. I mean, if it’s unacceptable, it’s unacceptable.”

Hogan added: “If everybody at their lowest point was judged on one thing they said and let’s just say in high school, you may have said one bad thing and all of a sudden, your whole career was wiped out today because of something you said 10 or 20 years ago, it’d be a sad world. People get better every day. People get better.”

Copyright © 2015, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.

Read More →