ABC/Bob D’Amico(LOS ANGELES) — Modern Family star Ariel Winter said she expected backlash when she revealed that she had gone through breast reduction surgery in June. But the exact opposite happened.

“Girls are tweeting me and saying like, ‘Oh, this wouldn’t be accepted where I am, but now that you did it and opened a conversation about it, I can actually like talk to my friends and family about the possibility of this,'” she told People magazine. “Or, ‘I’ve been living with so much back pain, and I’ve been so humiliated so many times when I had to wear something that was so baggy because I couldn’t wear the things my friends were wearing because it was inappropriate on me.'”

In early August, the 17-year-old actress told Glamour magazine that she was in a lot of pain. “I had a lot of back problems,” she said in the interview. “I really couldn’t stand up straight for a long period of time. It started to hurt so bad that I couldn’t take the pain. My neck was hurting so bad and I actually had some problems with my spine.”

So, she went from a size F to a size D.

Winter, who has been dating singer and producer Laurent Claude Gaudette for two years, also said he’s been amazing through the whole process. “It’s so awesome to be in love with somebody who’s so supportive and wonderful and just somebody who’s also your best friend,” she told People.

Copyright © 2015, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.

Read More →

ABC/Randy Holmes(NEW YORK) — Emily Blunt is finally coming clean on why she decided to become a U.S. citizen earlier this year.

“It’s mainly for tax reasons,” Blunt told the U.K.’s Sunday Times’ Style magazine. “I didn’t want to renounce my Queen.”

Blunt said the process required much effort. “You have to learn all about the Constitution. You can’t be a habitual drunk, you can’t be on a guerrilla squad and you can’t be a prostitute, which is a shame,” she quipped.

That wasn’t the first tongue-in-cheek comment the Sicario star made about becoming an American. In fact, one joke landed her in a bit of hot water last month. Blunt jokingly told The Hollywood Reporter: “I became an American citizen recently, and that night, we watched the Republican debate, and I thought, ‘This was a terrible mistake. What have I done?'”

The actress later apologized on the Today show for her remarks, calling them “an offhand joke.”

Copyright © 2015, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.

Read More →

ABC/Adam Taylor(LOS ANGELES) — Tom Bergeron will miss Monday’s edition of Dancing with the Stars to be with his ailing father.

He took to Twitter on Sunday night to share the news with his followers. “I’ll miss 2morrow’s #dwts to be at my Dad’s bedside,” he wrote. “He’s given me a lifetime of support. Time to return the favor.”

The message was accompanied by a photo of himself with his father when he was younger.

Season-19 Dancing with the Stars champion Alfonso Ribeiro, who served as a guest judge on the ABC competition last week, will co-host Monday’s show alongside Erin Andrews, according to People magazine. The celebrities will perform dances commemorating their most memorable year.

Read More →

Ron Phillips/Touchstone Pictures and Jerry Bruckheimer Inc. (WASHINGTON) — When the Twitterverse recently discovered Ballers star John David Washington is, in fact, Denzel Washington’s son, it freaked out. It’s fair to say a lot of people were surprised to learn that he was the son of the two-time Oscar-winner. Turns out John David wants to do things on his own.

“He doesn’t ask for anything from me,” Denzel Washington explained to ABC News. “He’s had a brilliant career as a high school, college and pro football player, now he’s well on his way as a young actor.”

John David, who plays Ricky Jerret on the HBO sports-themed series opposite Dwayne Johnson, is forging his own path.

“John David has always been a very talented, young actor, as is his sister Olivia,” said Denzel Washington. “Needless to say, my wife and I are proud of all our children. Two of them are in front of the camera, two of them are behind the camera. We are proud of all their success. The world is getting a chance to witness what we’ve witnessed for a long time [with John David].”

Denzel and his wife of 32 years, Pauletta, have four adult children: John David, Olivia, Malcolm and Katia.

Ballers just wrapped up its first season on HBO earlier this year. It was renewed for a second season in July.

Copyright © 2015, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.

Read More →

ABC/Ida Mae Astute(NEW YORK) — When Scandal premiered last Thursday, star Tony Goldwyn served double-duty: Not only did he act, he also directed the episode. The actor explained how difficult it was to do both at the same time, especially with co-star Kerry Washington.

“It’s a challenge, but it’s really fun,” he admitted on Monday’s Good Morning America. “You know, I have tons of support. Doing it on Scandal, we’re a family so it’s just kind of sliding over chairs. Except that Kerry mercilessly teases me when I’m directing.”

It also helped that Goldwyn had actor/director Tom Verica right beside him. “Tom, who is a fantastic director and one of our producers, will come down if I’m doing a tough scene and just keep an eye on it,” Goldwyn added. “If I’m going off the the rails, he’ll tell me.”

The actor, who plays President Fitzgerald Grant on the ABC series, said this season is all about his character and his onscreen love interest, Washington’s Olivia Pope.

“Look, what’s so amazing about this season is we’re getting to see what it means for Liv and Fitz to be together, and it’s rough,” he teased.

Scandal airs Thursday nights at 9 p.m. Eastern on ABC.

ABC Breaking News | Latest News Videos

Copyright © 2015, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.

Read More →

A.M.P.A.S.(r)/Image Group LA(LOS ANGELES) — Lady Gaga says she felt “alive” while filming her part in the upcoming season of American Horror Story.

Season five of the FX anthology series, dubbed American Horror Story: Hotel, features Gaga as a bloodthirsty hotel owner, The Countess. It proved to be a rewarding role for the pop star.

“This cast has been really open and available to me in a very honest way,” Gaga said Saturday at a premiere event in Los Angeles for the new season. “So I’m able to be myself in a way I feel like I haven’t been in a really long time. So they are just making me feel so alive.”

Gaga noted that she’s excited for series creator Ryan Murphy, and for everyone to enjoy his “masterpiece.” “I’m just really happy to be a part of it,” the pop star added. “I like being a part of someone else’s vision. It’s really exhilarating.”

American Horror Story: Hotel premieres Wednesday on FX at 10 p.m. Eastern time.

Copyright © 2015, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.

Read More →

ABC/Randy Holmes(LOS ANGELES) — Tonight’s Dancing with the Stars theme is “Most Memorable Year,” with all the couples hitting the ballroom to songs that reflect an incredible or notable time of their lives. That’s why both Andy Grammer and Backstreet Boy Nick Carter will be dancing to their own music tonight, but for different reasons.

Nick and his partner Sharna Burgess will dance to “Everybody (Backstreet’s Back),” the group’s 1997 top five hit, whose monster-themed video features some iconic choreography. The song marked the moment when Backstreet really became well-known worldwide. Meanwhile, Andy and his partner Allison Holker will dance to his brand-new single “Good to Be Alive,” since it just so happens that this year is the most memorable of his career, thanks to the success of “Honey, I’m Good.”

“My new single ‘Good to Be Alive,’ is exactly the motto for my life right now,” Andy tells ABC Radio. “It’s like, it just is good to be alive right now. So I couldn’t complain, even though there isn’t a lot of sleep, but there’s a lot going on.”

Andy’s lack of sleep is due to the fact that he’s both rehearsing for Dancing with the Stars and touring at the same time. But he says he needs one to get over how lame the other makes him feel.

“It’s been nice to have these rehearsals suck horribly for, like, seven hours and then go on stage and have your…fans and have songs and be like, ‘Oh, totally! This is what I do! I forgot about that!’” he laughs. “You know? Just for morale, it’s kind of nice.”

Being on Dancing with the Stars is just one of the many opportunities Andy’s had since “Honey, I’m Good” became the biggest hit of his career. He hints at more opportunities coming down the line, saying, “There’s like so much good stuff going on. It’s just really good to be alive. It just is.”

Andy says even though “Good to Be Alive” was specifically inspired by his personal journey of working hard to break through in the music business and coming very close — but not close enough — for so many years, he feels the song is very relatable.

“I have had success before,” he explains. “It’s just that I think everybody can feel that way. This feeling of like, ‘Man I’ve been pushing for a really, really long time and I was waiting for like the big opening.’ And I think a lot of people in their life have felt that in different ways.”

“Good to Be Alive” will appear on a re-released version of Andy’s album Magazines or Novels, which is coming out November 6.

Copyright © 2015, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.

Read More →

Monty Brinton/CBS(LOS ANGELES) — A dispute over Robin Williams’ estate has been resolved.

On Friday, it was announced a settlement was reached between his widow and his three children from previous marriages. The terms of the out-of-court settlement were not disclosed.

After Williams’ death last year, the actor and comedian’s estate was in a legal dispute between his widow and the children. Susan Williams filed a court petition in December, saying some of her husband’s personal items were taken without her permission.

The children countered that Susan Williams tried to change the trust agreement and deprive them of items that their father clearly intended to leave to them.

While the terms of the settlement have not been disclosed, Williams gets to stay in the San Francisco Bay area home she shared with the Oscar winner. His kids Zachary, Zelda and Cody settled on their father’s personal items.

Copyright © 2015, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.

Read More →

Lionsgate(LOS ANGELES) — Kate Winslet turns the big 4-0 on Monday, and the Titanic actress tells’s The Edit that she’s actually “excited” about reaching that milestone.

“I’m baffled that anyone might not think women get more beautiful as they get older, Winslet tells the fashion website, stressing, “Confidence comes with age”

Of course turning 40 does have its downsides. “You can get away with a lot more in your twenties,” she admits. “You can get away with having one too many vodka tonics, and you can wake up in the morning and not have a puffy face. I couldn’t go out now and get rip-roaring drunk; I’d take a week to recover and I value my life too much. Plus, I have children.”

Kate is welcoming 40 in a big way. In addition to Steve Jobs hitting theaters October 23, she has two more films coming out over the next six months, The Dressmaker and Triple 9.

“I feel like the past two years have been different for me, deliberately so,” she tells The Edit. “I really wanted to mix it up a bit, and feel that I was going full pelt towards 40 having done as much as I could: pushed myself, challenged myself, exhausted myself, had as much fun as possible. The last two years of my life have put a different sort of rocket fuel up my backside.”

In The Dressmaker, Winslet stars opposite Liam Hemsworth, and admits she was concerned about playing the 25-year-old’s love interest. “I did say to Jocelyn [Moorhouse, the director], ‘Are we going to get away with this?’ And she said, ‘Yeah, yeah, he looks older than he is.’ Anyway, I don’t feel old. I feel excited about being 40.”

Winslet plays marketing guru Joanna Hoffman in Steve Jobs, which also stars Michael Fassbender, Seth Rogen and Jeff Daniels.

Copyright © 2015, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.

Read More →

VH1(LOS ANGELES) — Love & Hip-Hop Hollywood star Nikki Mudaris reportedly is ordering websites to take down her sex tape with her series co-star, producer Mally Mal, or face legal action.

TMZ reports that her lawyer notified various sites they will be sued if the tape remains on the Internet. She claims she was not aware their encounter was being taped, and denies she is negotiating with Vivid Entertainment to sell the video.

Mudaris accused Mal of leaking the video, but he denies he was involved. He claims his email was hacked. In a post on Twitter, he wrote, “I did not leak any intimate moments filmed in my Las Vegas home between two consenting adults.” He added, “Recently, my email accts/iCloud/social media were hacked into. Everyone involved in this private matter was aware [that] my phone [and] accounts were all compromise[d].”

Copyright © 2015, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.

Read More →