berean/iStockphoto/Thinkstock(KIEV, Ukraine) — The Pentagon says it has seen some Russian troops moving away from the Russia-Ukraine border, a change that Pentagon Press Secretary Rear Adm. John Kirby called “welcome.”

“We have seen movement of some forces away from the border,” Kirby said during a Tuesday briefing. “Movement of that kind is, of course, welcome,” the spokesperson said, “but it doesn’t change the outcome, and that is that there are still large numbers…that continue to threaten the security and the territorial integrity of Ukraine.”

The Kremlin announced last week that Russian President Vladimir Putin ordered over 17,000 troops home from the border.

“Nothing has changed about the fact that Russia continues to foment instability inside Ukraine,” Kirby noted.

Follow @ABCNewsRadio
Copyright 2014 ABC News Radio

Read More →

Credit: Byron Cohen/FX Network(NEW YORK) — FX has cancelled its critically popular but underwatched show The Bridge after two seasons, the network said on Tuesday.

The crime thriller starred Diane Kruger and Demian Bichir as detectives working along the U.S./Mexico border.

Entertainment Weekly reports that the show had only been generating about 1.2 million viewers per episode.

Follow @ABCNewsRadio
Copyright 2014 ABC News Radio

Read More →

The Pham Family(BETHESDA, Md.) — Nina Pham, the first nurse who contracted Ebola while treating Thomas Eric Duncan at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital, was upgraded from fair condition to good condition on Tuesday.

Pham was transferred to the National Institute of Health Clinical Center in Bethesda on Oct. 16. Prior to departing the Dallas hosital, Pham had been listed in good condition, but was downgraded upon arrival in Maryland. Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the NIH’s Institute for Allergies and Infectious Diseases, declined to say why she was listed in fair condition following the trip, but said she had endured a long trip from Dallas.

According to an NIH statement, Pham “has expressed her gratitude for everyone’s concerns and well wishes.”

Follow @ABCNewsRadio
Copyright 2014 ABC News Radio

Read More →

Photo by Frederick M. Brown/Getty Images(ANCHORAGE, Alaska) — Bristol Palin said the drunken brawl involving her family at a house party last month was started when she was defending her younger sister, newly released audio reveals.

The eldest daughter of Sarah Palin is heard on the audio obtained by ABC News from the Anchorage Police Department telling an officer that her sister Willow, 20, came up to her while she was waiting in the family’s rented limo and told her an “old lady” came up to her and “pushed” her.

Bristol Palin told the police she responded, “Oh (expletive) hell no, no one is going to touch my sister.”

Bristol Palin, who was described in the previously released police report as “heavily intoxicated and upset,” tells the officer that when she confronted the woman, a man “gets in my face, pushes me down on the grass, drags me across the grass” and swore at her, calling her a “slut,” among another names.

She then says she was pushed down again and pulled by her feet by the man who “comes out of nowhere,” identified in the earlier police report as Korey Klingenmeyer, who owned the home where the party was held.

Palin says she doesn’t know the man and has “never seen this guy in my life.”

Prosecutors said earlier this month they would not proceed with charges in the fight. The police were called to a birthday party for twin brothers Matthew and Marc McKenna at Klingenmeyer’s home in South Anchorage on Sept. 6. It was also Todd Palin’s birthday, who also attended with his wife and children.

Klingenmeyer told officers in the police report that Bristol Palin punched him five to six times in the face and that she was “hitting pretty hard.”

An officer wrote in that report that both Sarah and Todd Palin “appeared upset and in a verbal argument with other individuals at the scene.” There is no interview with the former Alaska governor and 2008 GOP vice presidential nominee included in the report.

Klingenmeyer, who is described as “moderately intoxicated” in the report, told police he was considering filing charges and was “angry that the Palins had showed up and were causing problems,” according to the same report.

He told police he had asked Bristol Palin to leave and she responded, “Who the (expletive) are you?” Klingenmeyer told her he owned the home and Palin said she didn’t believe him and “she will kick his (expletive),” the police report says.

The report also includes accounts of a fight that Track Palin, Sarah and Todd Palin’s eldest son, allegedly got into at the same party.

Palin’s representatives did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Follow @ABCNewsRadio
Copyright 2014 ABC News Radio

Read More →

Hemera/Getty Images(NEW YORK) — NHL: Boston Bruins 5 (4-4-0; 8pts) – San Jose Sharks 3 (4-2-1; 9pts)

Toronto Maple Leafs 5 (3-3-1; 7pts) – New York Islanders 2 (4-2-0; 8pts)

New York Rangers 4 (4-3-0; 8pts) – New Jersey Devils 3 (3-2-1; 7pts) OT

Montreal Canadiens 2 (5-1-0; 10pts) – Detroit Red Wings 1 (3-1-1; 7pts) OT

Winnipeg Jets 3 (2-4-0; 4pts) – Carolina Hurricanes 1 (0-3-2; 2pts)

Follow @ABCNewsRadio
Copyright 2014 ABC News Radio

Read More →

Purestock/Thinkstock(NEW YORK) — A study released on Tuesday by the Canadian Institutes of Health Research found that without exit screening, about three people infected with Ebola could fly out of West African nations impacted by the disease’s outbreak each month.

The study, published in The Lancet, analyzed historical flight itineraries and concluded that 2.8 travellers infected with Ebola leave impacted countries on commercial flights every month. Notably, 64 percent of travellers leaving Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone were traveling to low-income and lower-middle-income countries.

While researchers continue to note the importance of balancing the potential harms caused by travel restrictions, exit screening in West Africa “would be the most efficient frontier at which to assess the health status of travellers at risk of Ebola virus exposure.”

Such action, however, would require international support to properly implement.

Follow @ABCNewsRadio
Copyright 2014 ABC News Radio

Read More →

Ashoka Mukpo

(OMAHA, Neb.) — The freelance cameraman who contracted Ebola while working with NBC in Liberia is now disease free, he tweeted Tuesday.

Ashoka Mukpo was transported from Liberia to the Nebraska Medical Center’s biocontainment center on Oct. 6.

The medical center announced Tuesday that he was free of the disease and would be released from the hospital on Wednesday.

The 33-year-old made the announcement himself, tweeting that he is “Ebola free and feeling so blessed.”

Just got my results. 3 consecutive days negative. Ebola free and feeling so blessed. I fought and won, with lots of help. Amazing feeling

— ashoka (@unkyoka) October 21, 2014

Throughout his treatment he opened up via Twitter about how he still is not sure how he contracted the disease but does not regret going to Liberia to help spread the word about Ebola’s impact on west Africa.

For the record – no idea how I got it. It was something fluky. My best guess is I touched a surface and didn’t chlorinate fast enough.

— ashoka (@unkyoka) October 20, 2014

He wrote about the “endless debt, endless gratitude” he owes to his supporters, mentioning how the head of Doctors Without Borders’ burial team took time to visit Mukpo while he was still being treated in Liberia.

I was around a lot of sick people the week before I got sick. Thought I was keeping a good distance, wish I knew exactly what went wrong.

— ashoka (@unkyoka) October 20, 2014

But I don’t regret going to Liberia to cover the crisis. That country was a second home to me and I had to help raise the alarm.

— ashoka (@unkyoka) October 20, 2014

I’ll have time to say more the next few weeks, but for now, I’m in awe of my good fortune. I’m a very very lucky person. #blessed

— ashoka (@unkyoka) October 20, 2014

Follow @ABCNewsRadio
Copyright 2014 ABC News Radio

Read More →

Ashoka Mukpo

(OMAHA, Neb.) — The freelance cameraman who contracted Ebola while working with NBC in Liberia is now disease free, he tweeted Tuesday.

Ashoka Mukpo was transported from Liberia to the Nebraska Medical Center’s biocontainment center on Oct. 6.

The medical center announced Tuesday that he was free of the disease and would be released from the hospital on Wednesday.

The 33-year-old made the announcement himself, tweeting that he is “Ebola free and feeling so blessed.”

Just got my results. 3 consecutive days negative. Ebola free and feeling so blessed. I fought and won, with lots of help. Amazing feeling

— ashoka (@unkyoka) October 21, 2014

Throughout his treatment he opened up via Twitter about how he still is not sure how he contracted the disease but does not regret going to Liberia to help spread the word about Ebola’s impact on west Africa.

For the record – no idea how I got it. It was something fluky. My best guess is I touched a surface and didn’t chlorinate fast enough.

— ashoka (@unkyoka) October 20, 2014

He wrote about the “endless debt, endless gratitude” he owes to his supporters, mentioning how the head of Doctors Without Borders’ burial team took time to visit Mukpo while he was still being treated in Liberia.

I was around a lot of sick people the week before I got sick. Thought I was keeping a good distance, wish I knew exactly what went wrong.

— ashoka (@unkyoka) October 20, 2014

But I don’t regret going to Liberia to cover the crisis. That country was a second home to me and I had to help raise the alarm.

— ashoka (@unkyoka) October 20, 2014

I’ll have time to say more the next few weeks, but for now, I’m in awe of my good fortune. I’m a very very lucky person. #blessed

— ashoka (@unkyoka) October 20, 2014

Follow @ABCNewsRadio
Copyright 2014 ABC News Radio

Read More →

Ashoka Mukpo

(OMAHA, Neb.) — The freelance cameraman who contracted Ebola while working with NBC in Liberia is now disease free, he tweeted Tuesday.

Ashoka Mukpo was transported from Liberia to the Nebraska Medical Center’s biocontainment center on Oct. 6.

The medical center announced Tuesday that he was free of the disease and would be released from the hospital on Wednesday.

The 33-year-old made the announcement himself, tweeting that he is “Ebola free and feeling so blessed.”

Just got my results. 3 consecutive days negative. Ebola free and feeling so blessed. I fought and won, with lots of help. Amazing feeling

— ashoka (@unkyoka) October 21, 2014

Throughout his treatment he opened up via Twitter about how he still is not sure how he contracted the disease but does not regret going to Liberia to help spread the word about Ebola’s impact on west Africa.

For the record – no idea how I got it. It was something fluky. My best guess is I touched a surface and didn’t chlorinate fast enough.

— ashoka (@unkyoka) October 20, 2014

He wrote about the “endless debt, endless gratitude” he owes to his supporters, mentioning how the head of Doctors Without Borders’ burial team took time to visit Mukpo while he was still being treated in Liberia.

I was around a lot of sick people the week before I got sick. Thought I was keeping a good distance, wish I knew exactly what went wrong.

— ashoka (@unkyoka) October 20, 2014

But I don’t regret going to Liberia to cover the crisis. That country was a second home to me and I had to help raise the alarm.

— ashoka (@unkyoka) October 20, 2014

I’ll have time to say more the next few weeks, but for now, I’m in awe of my good fortune. I’m a very very lucky person. #blessed

— ashoka (@unkyoka) October 20, 2014

Follow @ABCNewsRadio
Copyright 2014 ABC News Radio

Read More →

iStockPhoto/Thinkstock(IRVING, Texas) – The Dallas Cowboys (6-1) released defensive end Michael Sam from their practice squad on Tuesday.

“I want to thank the Jones family and the entire Cowboys organization for this opportunity, as well as my friends, family, teammates and fans for their support,” Sam wrote on his Twitter page. “While this is disappointing, I will take the lessons I learned here in Dallas and continue to fight for an opportunity to prove that I can play every Sunday.”

Sam, who is the NFL’s first openly gay player, was signed by the Cowboys to their practice squad on Sept. 3, after he was cut by the St. Louis Rams at the end of the preseason.

The Rams selected Sam out of Missouri with the 249th pick in this year’s NFL draft. During his preseason campaign, the 2013 SEC defensive player of the year had 11 tackles and three sacks.

In seven games this season, the Cowboys have just seven sacks.

Follow @ABCNewsRadio
Copyright 2014 ABC News Radio

Read More →