7/1/14 – 5:29 A.M.
It’s been a quarter of a century since a Findlay institution underwent a big name change. On July 1, 1989 Findlay College became the University of Findlay. Since that time enrollment has nearly tripled and the campus has grown from 25 to 88 acres.
The Courier reports the school will hold a celebration of the 25 year anniversary later this year. A gala event will be held September 27 in the Koehler Center.
The school was founded in 1882 as Findlay College. The change to a university coincided with the addition of the school’s first graduate program. UF now offers nine master’s programs.
MORE: The Courier