CA man dies from CO2 gas leak in Los Angeles airport accident

One of four workers who inhaled carbon dioxide in an accident at Los Angeles International Airport has died, his family said.

Cris Abraham, 36, of Lomita died on Nov. 11 at a hospital where he’d been in a medically induced coma, his sister-in-law Tamara Plouffe said on a GoFundMe page.

“The entire family has been devastated by his loss,” she wrote.

DALLAS DOCTOR DUBBED ‘MEDICAL TERRORIST’ AFTER CAUGHT TAMPERING WITH IV BAGS

The CO2 was released on Oct. 31 in a utility room near a Terminal 8 baggage area, authorities said.

Abraham, a pipefitter, was one of four independent contractors working in the utility room. He was fixing a leaky pipe when a fire suppression system malfunctioned and spewed carbon dioxide, authorities said.

Cris Abraham, 36, died on Nov. 11 after inhaling CO2 during a Los Angeles airport gas leak.
(Fox News)

“The carbon dioxide displaces the oxygen in the individual’s bloodstream and they went into cardiac arrest,” fire Capt. Erik Scott said at the time.

Two men and a woman managed to quickly leave the room and were treated at the scene for minor complaints.

TEXAS DOCTOR WHO REPORTEDLY POISONED IV BAGS WITH HEART-STOPPING DRUGS HELD WITHOUT BAIL

Abraham suffered repeated seizures at the hospital and was placed in a medical coma, his family told KTLA-TV.

He leaves behind a wife and two children.