Fire Damages Fostoria Duplex

4/15/19 – 6:44 A.M.

Fostoria firefighters battled a house fire late last week. The fire department responded to a home at 429 Sandusky Street just after 6 p.m. Friday. Fire Chief Brian Herbert says he believes the flames started near the dryer in the lower level of the duplex.

Everyone in the home got out safely as the flames spread up a wall into the second story and then into the attic. Firefighters contained the fire to that part of the duplex, but there was smoke damage in both parts of the building.

A family of five lived in the lower part of the home. One person lived upstairs. The Red Cross offered help to all six people.

Fire Location: