Special Permits Required For Repairing Structures In 100-Year Floodplain

7/17/17 – 10:19 A.M.

The city of Findlay is reminding residents about special rules that apply to repairing properties within the 100-year floodplain. A release from Floodplain Administrator Todd Richard says all structures within the Special Flood Hazard Area or 100-year floodplain are subject to flood development permit requirements.

Richard says if you have damaged property within the designated area you should go ahead and clean and secure it. That includes removing damaged contents and covering holes in walls and roofs. However, you have to get a flood development permit before starting any repair work. The city has waived the permit fees for the time being.

You can contact the zoning office at (419)424-7108 for more information.