11/19/14 – 9:58 A.M.
A teenager suffered burns in a Bluffton house fire Tuesday. The Bluffton Police Department reports firefighters were called to the 100 block of West Riley Street around 8:15 p.m. Four people were at home at the time. 19-year-old Gage Waxler was asleep in the bedroom where the flames started. He alerted everyone else in the house about the fire and tried to extinguish it before being overcome by the heat and smoke.
Waxler suffered burns to his lower extremities, neck and chest. He was taken to a Lima hospital before being flown to the Ohio State Medical Center in Columbus for treatment of severe burns.
An investigation revealed the fire was accidental, and is being blamed on burning a candle too close to flammable materials.
The Allen County Red Cross is assisting the family.by Read More →