Hancock County has its first probable case of severe pulmonary illness due to vaping.
The Ohio Department of Health reports the case involves a 50-year-old man from Findlay.
Hancock Public Health epidemiologist Chad Masters says that many of the cases come from tampered cartridges.
Masters said a major issue is the use of Vitamin E Acetate in these tampered cartridges which can evaporate and get into the body to injure the lungs.
Masters said you can protect yourself by knowing what you are vaping.
There have been over 2,000 cases of lung injury from vaping in the nation and 52 probable and confirmed cases in Ohio.
You can find more information on the Ohio Department of Health’s website.